Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 42  [ 414 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 542 »
gordo8000
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket Scale, Fake DesignPosted: January 19th, 2012, 3:12 pm
Yes, I really like the reliability factor that a weapon like that offers. Also I chose three grenades because if you have 3 grenades, you can hit 3 different targets.

[Profile] [Quote]
Satirius
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket Scale, Fake DesignPosted: January 19th, 2012, 10:38 pm
Why is the dial there? On the G11 it made sense where you manually advanced the cycle in case of a misfire but here you just have the bullet move into a box where $_magic happens and there's no rotation involved.

Also for what it's worth ceramic is a pretty bad material for something that's going to be expended on the scale of bullets. Caseless propellant, sure, but in the end you can't really beat lead.

I feel sorry for you, I agree you must have such terrible life, and no girl give you attention, The boys leaved because they were not having a safe feeling when beeing with you. Police never found you. Docters did suidice, because they where impressed you was not killed by birth :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Carthaginian
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket Scale, Fake DesignPosted: January 20th, 2012, 4:52 am
Uh... she doesn't look like she'd be that easy to handle during combat.

How does the grenade launcher load? I don't see any easy access points on the weapon.
You manually cycle the action with a dial? If that's anything like the 'rocking' lever on the M3, it's not going to be simple or easily maintained.
It seems that it'd be so short as to be a bit awkward- too little barrel to stabilize easily.
Takedown for field-level maintenance doesn't look like it will be very much fun.

Don't get me wrong, it looks sexy, just not my cup of tea.

[Profile] [Quote]
gordo8000
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket Scale, Fake DesignPosted: January 20th, 2012, 8:02 pm
She really does have some refinements to make, but to answer your statement about field stripping, shes a supposed to be a solid state weapon. Basically, a weapon with very few moving parts.

[Profile] [Quote]
gordo8000
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket Scale, Fake DesignPosted: January 20th, 2012, 8:05 pm
The grenade launcher loads by removing the barrel and inserting a new barrel into the weapon. Its like metal storm. That's also one of the reasons I gave the grenade launcher a 3-round magazine.

[Profile] [Quote]
gordo8000
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket Scale, Fake DesignPosted: January 20th, 2012, 8:44 pm
Added some suggested design changes.

[Profile] [Quote]
WhyMe
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket Scale, Fake DesignPosted: January 20th, 2012, 9:04 pm
So the charging handle is going to be behind shooter's ear? Quite unconventional approach :mrgreen:

[Profile] [Quote]
gordo8000
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket Scale, Fake DesignPosted: January 20th, 2012, 9:06 pm
That's where the action is.

[Profile] [Quote]
gordo8000
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket Scale, Fake DesignPosted: January 20th, 2012, 9:07 pm
The weapon uses electric ignition, if haven't mentioned that.

[Profile] [Quote]
WhyMe
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket Scale, Fake DesignPosted: January 20th, 2012, 9:19 pm
Well, look at FAMAS, AUG, Tavor or other bullpups. The charging handle can and should be located away from the action in a more accessible location.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 42  [ 414 posts ]  Return to “Non-Shipbucket Drawings” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 542 »

Jump to: