Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 24 of 42  [ 414 posts ]  Go to page « 122 23 24 25 2642 »
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket Scale, Fake DesignPosted: March 14th, 2017, 2:16 am
Good evening:

After a close examination of the main battle rifles aviable in the 1950s, the Arsenal de Sainte Barbara choose the then new AK-47 as the basis of the new rifle for the Respublica. But the ammo was the excellent .280 British (7 x 43 mm), an intermediate cartridge less powerful the .308, but with far better penetration and ballistics than the future .223 and also the soviet M43.
[ img ]

Credits: The main drawings were from Alex and Caddaric, with important contributions from Gollevainen. Special thanks to the kind doubt solving comments from Colosseum. Also thanks to Thiel for the brown color of the wood. I choose walnut ;) ! Cheers.

[Profile] [Quote]
RaspingLeech
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket Scale, Fake DesignPosted: March 14th, 2017, 2:24 am
Looks great! My only suggestion would be to remove the AK-74-style muzzle break, or replace it with a more period-correct one.

[Profile] [Quote]
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket Scale, Fake DesignPosted: March 14th, 2017, 2:49 am
Thanks! May I ask why? I think that the compensator is a clever device for improving the automatic shooting. Aestitically, as you had pointed it, a 1950s like compensator will look better for a weapon of that decade. But I think than the elements for an AK-74 type compensator are already in existence. Do you think technically feasible that compensator in 1956? Thanks and cheers.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket Scale, Fake DesignPosted: March 14th, 2017, 4:09 am
Hmm, yeah I would stay away from the pretty iconic AK-74 muzzle brake. Maybe invent something along the lines of the Cutts compensators used on the early Thompson submachineguns, or maybe the flash hider fitted to the BAR?

[Profile] [Quote]
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket Scale, Fake DesignPosted: March 14th, 2017, 12:46 pm
And what do you think the Mdle. 56 with a flash hider like the device of the L1? (I want for the rifle a knife bayonet, not the socket bayonet of the FN FAL) ;) , I remember a nice italian Beretta submachine gun with an effective compensator (but no flash hider). I will search for more alternatives, but, yes! I think that the compensator of the BAR Monitor (but slightly less conspicuous) or the flash hider of the L1 are ideas that will mate well with the Mle. 56. Thanks and cheers.

PS. But this flash hider will be used in the next SB Mle. 1978! :D

[Profile] [Quote]
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket Scale, Fake DesignPosted: March 14th, 2017, 9:51 pm
Good evening:
Here is the corrected Mle. 1956:
[ img ]
The first choice was the BAR compensator, but the rifle was somewhat unballanced (too bulky in the front part), the second attempt was with a Beretta Modello 38 (the one with perforated outer casing, and long barrel) compensator and it looks rather weird: a 1930 front barrel and the rest of the rifle of the 1950s! I tried to improve this adding a flash suppresor in front of the compensator and the final product was awful. So I revert to a more predictible resoult and graft the flash hider of the well known L1. Cheers and thanks for the feedback!

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket Scale, Fake DesignPosted: March 14th, 2017, 10:27 pm
Yes I think this looks quite reasonable. The L1A1 SLR had a decent enough flash hider (even though it was rather long) but I think this looks perfect.

[Profile] [Quote]
Judah14
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket Scale, Fake DesignPosted: March 17th, 2017, 1:48 pm
A machine gun from my Alexandrian Union AU:
Saint Barbara Arsenal MG2064:
[ img ]
The Saint Barbara Arsenal MG2064 is the primary medium machine gun of the Alexandrian Union Army and Alexandrian Union Marine Corps. It is chambered in the 8.6x70 mm cartridge and feeds from an ammunition belt. The MG2064 has three trigger modules available, one with a stock and pistol grip for use by dismounted infantry, one with spade grips for use as a mounted crew-served weapon on vehicles or tripods and one designed for remote electronic firing for use as a coaxial machine gun (as used on the Beatrice MGS, Beatrice IFV and the VMBR-10 Warhammer variable Destroid). The MG2064 doesn't come with a built-in bipod for infantry use, instead various bipods and foregrips could be mounted using the KeyMod slots on the handguard.

[Profile] [Quote]
SouprRacwn
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket Scale, Fake DesignPosted: March 19th, 2017, 7:03 am
[ img ]

Otryad Avtomat Oruzhiye 2017

"Two engineers working for Izhmash thought of an alternative to the PKM, and after looking at some Western designs, they proposed this design. Sadly, though, an AK12 converted into a light machine gun is more likely to pass...

But they did come up with a new enchanced NV scope."

I don't know if it's my computer or not, but my only complaint is Photobucket is a laggy piece of advertisement-ridden trash. I wish this forum can run Imgur.

Banana
Watermelon
Playstation 5

I authored these forum threads:
GB Kolibriscale
GB Scale Caliber Index
TrucKola's Project/Image Dump

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket Scale, Fake DesignPosted: March 19th, 2017, 11:29 am
The image tags will work with any image host

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 24 of 42  [ 414 posts ]  Return to “Non-Shipbucket Drawings” | Go to page « 122 23 24 25 2642 »

Jump to: