Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 23 of 42  [ 414 posts ]  Go to page « 121 22 23 24 2542 »
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket Scale, Fake DesignPosted: December 25th, 2016, 11:44 pm
The stock should be at least half again as long - right now it looks ridiculously short. Adding a muzzle brake doesn't reduce felt recoil enough to mitigate having such a small stock.

This rifle would be extremely uncomfortable to shoot for pretty much anyone due to the short length of pull (distance between the trigger and the end of the stock).

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket Scale, Fake DesignPosted: December 26th, 2016, 12:39 am
Can full sized rifle cartridges even work out of such a short barrel?

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket Scale, Fake DesignPosted: December 26th, 2016, 5:12 am
It "could", but its performance would be basically useless...

Rifles are cut down for close-quarters battle purposes. A full-size rifle cartridge (like "8x55mm", whatever that is) is less than ideal for this application due to obvious over penetration problems. His full-size variant only needs a longer stock and then it makes sense - but you're right, the short-barreled version would likely just be some civilian market modification for rednecks to blast away with for entertainment purposes due to its large recoil and huge muzzle flash. I suspect a lot of entertaining YouTube videos would come about because of it... LOL.

[Profile] [Quote]
HyperHiggsHelix
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket Scale, Fake DesignPosted: December 26th, 2016, 6:47 am
An 8x55mm would be about a .336 caliber round, so it is pretty powerful.

[Profile] [Quote]
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket Scale, Fake DesignPosted: December 26th, 2016, 1:21 pm
Hi Truckola. 8x55 seems a powerful round, even as powerful than the german 7,92x57 or the american 30-06. Your short carbine will has a tremendous recoil, and a huge flash. And both caracteristics are in direct contraposition to the role and «raison d'etre» of a carbine. Cheers.

[Profile] [Quote]
ashebourton
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket Scale, Fake DesignPosted: December 26th, 2016, 7:29 pm
Destiny - Clever Dragon
[ img ]

"Just consider me the forum's resident V-22 expert." ;)

-----------------------------

My Completed Work!!!

[Profile] [Quote]
devil505
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket Scale, Fake DesignPosted: January 8th, 2017, 11:23 pm
TrucKola__19 wrote:
[ img ]
If this was changed from a centerfire rifle cartridge to a shotgun it would be an excellent CQB weapon.
Exchanging the stock to adjustable would enhance it farther.

[Profile] [Quote]
Judah14
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket Scale, Fake DesignPosted: February 3rd, 2017, 2:19 pm
A sniper rifle from my Macross Alexandria fanfic universe:
Saint Barbara Arsenal SR2067:
[ img ]
The Saint Barbara Arsenal SR2067 is the primary sniper rifle of the Alexandrian Union Army and Alexandrian Union Marine Corps. It is a semiautomatic sniper rifle chambered for the 8.6x70 mm cartridge. The SR2067 shares the same trigger module and stock as the K2065 family of carbines and rifles and feeds from either 10-round or 15-round magazines. The standard scope for the rifle has a built-in fire control computer, laser rangefinder and a datalink to the shooter's heads-up display to display targeting information and ammunition count.

[Profile] [Quote]
Comrade Doggo
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket Scale, Fake DesignPosted: March 6th, 2017, 12:12 am
Saw ashebourton doing Destiny guns and I couldn't resist doing my own.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
ashebourton
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket Scale, Fake DesignPosted: March 12th, 2017, 12:03 am
Comrade Doggo wrote: *
Saw ashebourton doing Destiny guns and I couldn't resist doing my own.
Looks awesome!!!

"Just consider me the forum's resident V-22 expert." ;)

-----------------------------

My Completed Work!!!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 23 of 42  [ 414 posts ]  Return to “Non-Shipbucket Drawings” | Go to page « 121 22 23 24 2542 »

Jump to: