Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 39 of 42  [ 414 posts ]  Go to page « 137 38 39 40 41 42 »
SouprRacwn
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket Scale, Fake DesignPosted: February 13th, 2020, 2:17 am
[ img ]

I think I'm gonna need an index for my creations.

Banana
Watermelon
Playstation 5

I authored these forum threads:
GB Kolibriscale
GB Scale Caliber Index
TrucKola's Project/Image Dump

[Profile] [Quote]
SouprRacwn
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket Scale, Fake DesignPosted: February 14th, 2020, 5:41 am
[ img ]

Banana
Watermelon
Playstation 5

GB Kolibriscale
GB Scale Caliber Index

[Profile] [Quote]
SouprRacwn
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket Scale, Fake DesignPosted: February 19th, 2020, 4:04 am
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

Previously shared in Discord, I had a dream of a battle rifle that could've been made by Austria.

I guess I'm making some history with it.

The Austrian army wanted to replace its M95/30 bolt action rifle, so in 1936, Steyr went to work on a new battle rifle. The army specified it wanted a simple, reliable select-fire rifle that is chambered in 8x56R. The prototype in aluminium performed well, and in 1937, it was improved and redone with steel. The M1938 was finalized and adopted in January.

Unfortunately, official Austrian service with the rifle was cut short with the Anschluss in March of 1938, and most of the inventory was consfiscated by the Nazis. The Anschluss brought in new equipment to the Wehrmacht, and the M1938 was one of those equipment. It was used throughout the war selectively, alongside the Gewehr 41 and 43, though increasingly used less as the war went on.

Once the war was over and Austria was liberated, the reorganized army decided it was going to keep the battle rifle, and continuing its intended purpose, it would go on to be Austria's standard issue rifle until 1965, when it was rechambered in 5.56 as the StG65.

For a while before being replaced by a belt-fed MG, it could be converted into an LMG, especially for mobilized infantry.
[ img ]

Banana
Watermelon
Playstation 5

GB Kolibriscale
GB Scale Caliber Index

[Profile] [Quote]
SouprRacwn
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket Scale, Fake DesignPosted: February 22nd, 2020, 3:59 am
[ img ]

A finalization that combines the previous two weapons, each in their pre-production prototype stages, and is officially adopted in Klein Venedig. Military and police units take advantage of its technological edge it has on other firearms, having a maximum of 9000 rounds per minute. Effective range is 175-200 meters.

The 2x40mm cartridge is a self-propelled dart. Standard ammunition uses a nickel bullet at the end of a long needle. It performs well on its own in ballistic tests and its full potential is exploited with the XK7's fire rate.

A more deadly version of the dart is a Micro Explosively Formed Projectile (MEFP). The MEFP has a small explosive charge, sensitive to impact, inside a nickel-jacketed copper jet needle. The copper jet would be melted by the explosive through a hole in the tip of the nickel jacket as the nickel jacket snaps and shatters in the target. The carbon dart "blooms" out like a hollow point bullet on the surface of the target. Tests on ballistic gelatin shown that these rounds cause very severe damage, and just 15 rounds could eviscerate a target.

Use of the specialized darts is prohibited to military and law enforcement use, but the solid nickel round is available for civilian use (although the commercial XK7's have a limited fire rate of 1000 RPM. This prohibition inherently gives counter-terrorism units an upper-field advantage against armored targets.

Banana
Watermelon
Playstation 5

GB Kolibriscale
GB Scale Caliber Index

[Profile] [Quote]
SouprRacwn
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket Scale, Fake DesignPosted: March 5th, 2020, 12:09 am
[ img ]

Severia is an alternate Ukraine. This downscaled AK performs as a PDW that uses a downscaled rifle cartridge that is like the FN 5.7x28mm.

Banana
Watermelon
Playstation 5

GB Kolibriscale
GB Scale Caliber Index

[Profile] [Quote]
SouprRacwn
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket Scale, Fake DesignPosted: March 10th, 2020, 5:48 am
[ img ]
Near-future death machines are my fav.
[ img ]
[ img ]

And a re-entry of the XK7 but scaled down into a semiauto pistol. The battery is stored inside the pistol grip.
[ img ]

Banana
Watermelon
Playstation 5

GB Kolibriscale
GB Scale Caliber Index

[Profile] [Quote]
Pantsu
Post subject: Re: Gunbucket Scale - Alternate Universe Design ThreadPosted: March 20th, 2020, 7:08 pm
[ img ]God it's been a while. Really hope I haven't posted this one yet.
More to come, possibly, maybe, maybe not. We'll see.

[Profile] [Quote]
sebu
Post subject: Re: Gunbucket Scale - Alternate Universe Design ThreadPosted: June 4th, 2020, 1:01 pm
Well, it's an anniversary of Waritem's great design of Y-39, so I decided to pimp it :D And it has been quiet here...

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
sebu
Post subject: Re: Gunbucket Scale - Alternate Universe Design ThreadPosted: June 11th, 2020, 4:01 pm
More bonk-alike pimp...
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
sebu
Post subject: Re: Gunbucket Scale - Alternate Universe Design ThreadPosted: June 12th, 2020, 4:21 pm
A bit more.
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 39 of 42  [ 414 posts ]  Return to “Non-Shipbucket Drawings” | Go to page « 137 38 39 40 41 42 »

Jump to: