Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 40 of 42  [ 414 posts ]  Go to page « 138 39 40 41 42 »
Pantsu
Post subject: Re: Gunbucket Scale - Alternate Universe Design ThreadPosted: July 22nd, 2020, 7:11 pm
sebu wrote: *
Well, it's an anniversary of Waritem's great design of Y-39, so I decided to pimp it :D And it has been quiet here...

[ img ]
Yeah it's hard to get much activity in the AU thread. Go on over to the SB discord and you'll see more activity, albeit not a whole lot.
I should get back to drawing make GB AU great again.

[Profile] [Quote]
rykko20
Post subject: Re: Gunbucket Scale - Alternate Universe Design ThreadPosted: August 7th, 2020, 3:10 am
[ img ]
A little design of mine for a SMG.

[Profile] [Quote]
Weebson
Post subject: Re: Gunbucket Scale - Alternate Universe Design ThreadPosted: October 9th, 2020, 10:33 pm
I'm presenting 2 rifles I had in my head quite a while

SSLE (Short, Smit-Lee, Enfield Rifle) Type 1904 MkII the main service rifle of United Kingdom of Netherlands and Wallonia from 1904 to 1957/70

Short history: For context in this AU Dutch adopted Remington-Lee in 1881 but after French rolled in with Lebel it obviously became obsolete regardless that it got detachable magazine and strong action, they tried to convert it to smokeless but failed, in 1895 they adopted Lee-Navy rifle but it was chambered in 7x57 mm Mauser, after some time it became clear that short rifle was needed and it was understood that tilting bolt along with cut under the mag is just begging for problems, in 1903 trials had begun for new rifle and as a result SSLE was adopted
From 1904-1914 2.4 million rifles were produced (75% were made in UKNW, 20 in UK (Enfield specifically) and other 5% in other countries such as US
During the The Great War additional 2.7 million rifles were made
After the war rifles were rechambered into 6.5x60 Smit cartridge and had changed to aperture sight resulting Type 1924 pattern. From 1924-1952 9.7 million we're produced (along with remaining 3 million Type 1904's)
[ img ]

Rifle characteristics
-Length: 1124 mm
-Caliber: 7x57 mm or 6.5x60 mm
-Weight: 4.1 kg
-Thick barrel
-modified/mixed Mannlicher bolt with Arisaka clocking mechanism (half cock on open and half cock on close) Arisaka/Corcano safety mechanism.
-12 round Lee magazine all 7x57 mm Mauser (Type 1924 retains it 12 round mag) loaded by 6 round stripper clip
-open sights (aperture sights on later variants)

2nd Rifle - Smit-Lee Model/Type 1913 rifle, unadopted, experimental rife that strongly influenced Dutch army in adoption of 6.5x60 Smit cartridge

Short story: in 1895 Lucas Smit submits his rifle into rifle trials which resulted adoption of Lee-Navy (or just Lee rifle)
It featured straight pull design and was chambered into 6.5x55 Swedish, rifle was well revieved but was not adopted, afterwards Smit was fighting in Boxer rebellion and then was training and observing Japanese troops during Russo-Japanese war as foreign instructor and observer, those conflicts convinced him that small bore ammo such as 6.5 or even less was a way forward, in 1903 he tries to submit his rifle again in 6.5x60 but he was forced to move into 7x57 mm because army were oy interested in a rifle in this cartridge. Although in 1911 they started to change their mind and in 1912 Smit was working on brand new rifle, he was so impressed in Arisaka Type 38 action that decided to put virtually the same bolt into his rifle. Rifle was unofficially adopted and production has started resulting 340 000 rifles by August 1914 but war were declared, rifle proved to be quite good in muddy trench conditions of First World War and could replaced previous Smit's rifle - SSLE if it was not produced in massive numbers before and during that time and if United Kingdom of Netherlands and Wallonia wouldn't suffer lost war.
[ img ]
Characteristics:
-length - 1215 mm
-Caliber - 6.5x60 mm Smit
-Weight - 3.75 kg
-slightly modified Arisaka bolt
-10 round detachable Lee magazine, fed by 5 rohnd stripper clip
-Aperture sights

NOTE: Forgive my grammatical issues if I got any.
Huge thank you to friend of mine - Dubsy102 kitbasing the T1913 rifle because I couldn't do it on my own since my laptop had decided to do "guess I'll die" thing...
(Also I would cover much detailed story of both rifles when time will come)

[Profile] [Quote]
SouprRacwn
Post subject: Re: Gunbucket Scale - Alternate Universe Design ThreadPosted: November 11th, 2020, 11:01 am
[ img ]

Odd choice for the task, 47.

Note: this is not a 1:1 recreation, as some minor changes include muzzle brake with bayonet compatibility, handguard, stock, and magazine, having a bakelite construction instead of the steel mags seen in the game.

Yes, the two rear sights are ridiculous, and the front sight looks better suited to the far rear, making the middle sight redundant. IDK, ask IO Interactive. Those Danes know why that is there.

And enjoy a little sh*tpost derpgun.
[ img ]

Banana
Watermelon
Playstation 5

I authored these forum threads:
GB Kolibriscale
GB Scale Caliber Index
TrucKola's Project/Image Dump

[Profile] [Quote]
SouprRacwn
Post subject: Re: Gunbucket Scale - Alternate Universe Design ThreadPosted: December 8th, 2020, 7:09 am
[ img ]
[ img ]

An aesthetic and technical update to the classic, of which I found the barrel misplaced.

Banana
Watermelon
Playstation 5

GB Kolibriscale
GB Scale Caliber Index

Last edited by SouprRacwn on May 13th, 2021, 3:44 am, edited 6 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
SouprRacwn
Post subject: Re: Gunbucket Scale - Alternate Universe Design ThreadPosted: December 17th, 2020, 11:28 am
[ img ]
[ img ]

Banana
Watermelon
Playstation 5

GB Kolibriscale
GB Scale Caliber Index

[Profile] [Quote]
sebu
Post subject: Re: Gunbucket Scale - Alternate Universe Design ThreadPosted: January 10th, 2021, 6:32 am
[ img ]
No explanations...

[Profile] [Quote]
Pantsu
Post subject: Re: Gunbucket Scale - Alternate Universe Design ThreadPosted: February 9th, 2021, 1:15 am
Hullo, time to dust the thread off.
I bothered to actually template some things.

[ img ]
[ img ]

The Santia P72 which is in practice a modified ASTAZ rifle re-chambered for the 5.56 bullet in a caseless config. Long story short, TechMex which is a company specializing in manufacturing materials for space faring cruisers sought and opportunity to enter the race for a replacement of the ASTAZ assault rifle used by the Mars mining union (think space commies). First they purchased a lot of obsolete (at the time, because 6.8 rounds were the standard for most intermediate weapons) 5.56 NATO rounds, then converted it into caseless rounds and finally made the rifle to fire it. The Santia P(roject) (20)72 was born, although in the end was rejected due to it's complexity and cost of adoption.
In the end, with money spent on engineering and production, the Santia was sold to private entities that sought to arm their troops with an assault rifle that was perfect for operations requiring a little discretion - Mainly due to the gun leaving no spent casings in the field, along with the fact that the 5.56 rounds were relatively easy to manufacture and had a decent enough velocity for most operations.
Which is basically just... corporate hostile takeovers and such.

I'm also posting the ASTAZ AGS rifle underneath, the rifle used by the Mars miners union (Again, Space commies.). In practice it's an AK-107 with the BARS system (recoil mitigation system) though slightly built from scratch.
See, in my AU the standard issue rifle of the Russian Federation was replaced by the AK-12, with some of it going into space along with the rest of the colonists seeking safety from the planet that is dying. With the need to once more manufacture a rifle to combat any threats on the newly established mars colony (Mars miniers union), the AGS rifle was developed. Now sporting a fresh new look, a standarized BARS system and an ammo counter in the back of the rear sight - the rifle was a perfect fit for the people of the long dead Russian federation (and some others).

[ img ]
[ img ]

[ img ]

Also a small bonus. Same gun but basically just a Vityaz.

[ img ]

More to come for sure, once I template all of it.

Edit: Did a goof and had to fix Dalamace's name on the crediting, also including the grenadier version of the astaz rifle.

Last edited by Pantsu on February 10th, 2021, 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
dalamace
Post subject: Re: Gunbucket Scale - Alternate Universe Design ThreadPosted: February 9th, 2021, 3:53 pm
Very nice! I just realised you misspell my name lmao :P.

[Profile] [Quote]
Sumeragi
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket Scale, Fake DesignPosted: April 10th, 2021, 5:13 pm
TrucKola__19 wrote: *
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

Previously shared in Discord, I had a dream of a battle rifle that could've been made by Austria.

I guess I'm making some history with it.

The Austrian army wanted to replace its M95/30 bolt action rifle, so in 1936, Steyr went to work on a new battle rifle. The army specified it wanted a simple, reliable select-fire rifle that is chambered in 8x56R. The prototype in aluminium performed well, and in 1937, it was improved and redone with steel. The M1938 was finalized and adopted in January.

Unfortunately, official Austrian service with the rifle was cut short with the Anschluss in March of 1938, and most of the inventory was consfiscated by the Nazis. The Anschluss brought in new equipment to the Wehrmacht, and the M1938 was one of those equipment. It was used throughout the war selectively, alongside the Gewehr 41 and 43, though increasingly used less as the war went on.

Once the war was over and Austria was liberated, the reorganized army decided it was going to keep the battle rifle, and continuing its intended purpose, it would go on to be Austria's standard issue rifle until 1965, when it was rechambered in 5.56 as the StG65.

For a while before being replaced by a belt-fed MG, it could be converted into an LMG, especially for mobilized infantry.
[ img ]
Very nice design! What sort of action does it use? Any other specs?

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 40 of 42  [ 414 posts ]  Return to “Non-Shipbucket Drawings” | Go to page « 138 39 40 41 42 »

Jump to: