Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 15 of 33  [ 327 posts ]  Go to page « 113 14 15 16 1733 »
BB1987
Post subject: Re: SpacebucketPosted: December 31st, 2017, 1:34 pm
llamaman2 wrote: *
Dude, the Enterprise-B is awesome! I've been toying with my own version for a bit, but damn that is so much better than mine! {slinks away to practice}
Thanks, but no need to slink away for you, as I said that Daedalus is lovely, and the other drawings are no less valid.
I'm thinkering about modifying the Hood and the -B into the original Excelsior and the Lakota, respectively, as well. But that has to wait, maybe next year.... (runs away before someone gets the BAD joke)

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: SpacebucketPosted: December 31st, 2017, 11:11 pm
AWESOME work on the Enterprise-B!

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: SpacebucketPosted: January 1st, 2018, 6:26 pm
Happy new year!
As promised, a few tweaks on the existing drawings and here is a trio of Excelsior-class vessels:

The Excelsior herself both as the transwarp prototype NX-2000 and regular service NCC-2000, plus the Lakota from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
Kannevets
Post subject: Re: SpacebucketPosted: January 3rd, 2018, 2:51 am
Yet another Star Wars design, but of another era. This 1.2 kilometer-long vessel is the Procursator-class Star Destroyer. Packing heavier, but fewer, main guns than an ISD, she best serves as a frontline picket ship while larger vessels get in formation.
[ img ]

All my newer stuff is signed as czslworldtour.

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: SpacebucketPosted: January 3rd, 2018, 5:48 am
My favorite Star Trek starship! You're awesome!

Nice work on the Star Destroyer! Do you have any plans on drawing the Executor-class?

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
Kannevets
Post subject: Re: SpacebucketPosted: January 3rd, 2018, 11:48 am
I've never been a fan of that ship, but I've got something much better planned for my next post!

All my newer stuff is signed as czslworldtour.

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: SpacebucketPosted: January 24th, 2018, 1:11 pm
Fun moment:

The most recent Star trek television series (Discovery) had me ending up being more interested in watching again all the old stuff than the actual new episodes themselves. So among the various things I also ended up thinkering the reboot movies Enterprise, colloquially called JJ-prise or Edselprise (the latter mainly by those who were not happy at all with the redesign).
Personally I'm fine with this redesign, but I had always thought it could benefit from some touch-ups in order to adress some weird proportions in the the ship's overall lines, mainly the results of, according to those who worked on the new designs, "JJ wanting it to look like an hot-rod". For my own personal tastes, the secondary hull sits a bit too far forward, the front end of the nacelles is a bit too fat and they are a bit too close together.

Luckily, since Karle94 drew the Kelvin-timeline Enteprise previously, it was just a matter of a few hour of pixel-fun to do the modifications I wanted.

Obviously, the spacing between the warp nacelles cannot be glimpsed in a side view, but it would be easily addressed by angling the pylons a bit more or making them going out straight (like on the new Kelvin-timeline Enteprise-A seen at the end of Star Trek: Beyond.) but everyting else is here on paper.

first of all, a link to the original by Karle, both as a nod to his work and as a quick comparision tool:
https://i.imgur.com/1YGL5i4.png

Then my take:
[ img ]
I moved the engineering hull back by 6 feet (1.8m, or 12 pixels) in relation to both the neck and the nacelle pylons, so that the shuttlebay sticks a little bit more at the stern.
Then I shifted the entire neck-engineering hull-nacelle pylons section back by 15 feet (4.6m, or 30 pixels) while leaving the nacelles themselves and the saucer section as they were.
Next, I slimmed the underside of the warp nacelles, making their front part less massive. I initially thought abut trimming down the "hood" part above, but I realized the nacelles now looks fine like that, and moreover in the front part they measure exactly 94 pixels both above and below the centerline. totally fine!
Finally, while retaining mostly the cutout curve on its underside, I beefed up a bit the lower part of the engineering hull, trying to fix that sensation of unbalance it had (for me) for being apparently too small compared to the nacelles, neck or saucer.
I also did some touch-ups here and there, but mostly just for cosmethic reasons.
Ah, right, RED bussards. Obviously.

Needless to say, I tried to retain all possible lines from the JJ-verse Enterprise in order to not mess up the general look of the ship. Just redoing everything randomly only to get something that looked close to the original design by Matt Jeffries would have been pointless since we are talking about a reboot that takes place in a different timeline as well...

Hope you liked my 5 minutes of fun, opinions are welcome.

Disclaimer: the first who comes up with the Enteprise scale issue will be greeted with a salvo of photon torpedoes :mrgreen:

-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
Karle94
Post subject: Re: SpacebucketPosted: January 25th, 2018, 9:48 pm
I scaled it at 366 meters as that is what many sources say, even though actual visuals from the movies indicate a 700+ meter long ship. As for your photon torpedoes, I have the Enterprise-E in my shipbucket folder, so bring it. Your shields means nothing to my quantum torpedoes.

In all seriousness, I am glad that the drawing ended up being useful. I cant really complain about the redesign, she has a nice blend of clean, smoothness combined with industrialness. The original Enterprise is very featurless as it was designed so to be easy and cheap to make as a model. TOS was rather underfunded. Imagine what a modern remake could look like with 300 million USD in CGI budget.

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: SpacebucketPosted: January 25th, 2018, 10:15 pm
Hey, you were the last one in line who I was referring to, when I mentioned the torpedoes :P

The Jeffries original enterprise has a sense of sleekness and simplicity in its design that could still work well even today for me, I've seen some high-quality CG works with detailing added like hull platings and other stuff that look magnificent.

Yet, I think that if there is one Enterprise that can hold her own in any era and shine in all her beauty even in a 2018 movie when it comes to look, feel, elegance and whatever else it is none other than the refitted 1701 and 1701-A done by Andrew Probert. That's how an enterprise looks when you have the money. Hands down the best of the best ever seen in Star Trek.
(with close second beign the Excelsior. oh the irony... I hated her when she first appeared and now, more than two decades later she is one of my favourites :lol: )

And speaking of the Excelsiors, you have no idea in which madness I sank myself into.........

-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
llamaman2
Post subject: Re: SpacebucketPosted: May 17th, 2018, 10:28 am
Got a few more Star Trek things for your enjoyment, folks. Canon ships first, flights of fancy to follow.

Firstly, the Klingon D7 battlecruiser:
[ img ]

Constellation-class USS Stargazer, NCC-2893. The ship Jean-Luc Picard served on for twenty-plus years.
[ img ]

Miranda-class USS Reliant, NCC-1864. Villain ship of Wrath of Khan, later DS9 battle scene cannon fodder.
[ img ]

Soyuz-class USS Bozeman, NCC-1941:
[ img ]

Currently working on:
The October War, 27-10-1962 (apparently forever);
"Saxonverse" alt-UK;
Federation of the Channel Islands AU;
Republic of Yopur & Andaman;
some sort of overarching AU;

Regaining my sanity.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 15 of 33  [ 327 posts ]  Return to “Non-Shipbucket Drawings” | Go to page « 113 14 15 16 1733 »

Jump to: