Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 5  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: Project: Projekt ShtandartPosted: November 13th, 2011, 2:33 pm
I'm looking forward to see her finished :D But it certainly look very (very much indeed!) promising ;)

All relevant Coat of Arms

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Project: Projekt ShtandartPosted: November 13th, 2011, 4:46 pm
I have not seen this replica in real life, but, isn't the planking both forward and aft going well over the keel and sternposts? I rank myself at being fairly acomplished in drawing a 17th c. ship, but I've never seen this before. If it so, please provide pictorial evidence and, if possibly, an explanation, Alex.

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: Project: Projekt ShtandartPosted: November 13th, 2011, 4:55 pm
I don't understand what you mean...

And she is from 1703

[Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: Project: Projekt ShtandartPosted: November 13th, 2011, 5:03 pm
Update:

[ img ]

[Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Project: Projekt ShtandartPosted: November 13th, 2011, 7:50 pm
Well, Alex, with 17th c. I meant the general Dutch building style, which dates to the late 17th c. What I meant with my query is that both the forepost and sternpost of the keel are planked over, a feature not commonly known to have happened, if ever. Also, it appears that some of the planking us, in fact, extended over the rudder. If you don't know what a fore- and sternpost are, they are the upward curving or slanting sections of the keel, that is, the backbone of the ship. Anyway, all contemporary documentation supports the supposition that both sections were not planked over, I e covered. Did I clarify myself?

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Project: Projekt ShtandartPosted: November 13th, 2011, 7:52 pm
Ok, edit post: I did notice that you, indeed, heeded my advice, so disregard my previous post!

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: Project: Projekt ShtandartPosted: November 14th, 2011, 6:41 pm
bezobrazov wrote:
Ok, edit post: I did notice that you, indeed, heeded my advice, so disregard my previous post!
Ah I see! Well then I understand correct! Well it was not an error! Just a WIP tric to make it beter and faster :) :)

UPDATE!

[ img ]

[Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: Project: Projekt ShtandartPosted: November 14th, 2011, 6:57 pm
Wauw :shock: I knew it :!: Though she isn't finish I can see a masterpiece is arising ;)

All relevant Coat of Arms

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Project: Projekt ShtandartPosted: November 14th, 2011, 9:06 pm
ALVAMA, what are you drinking!?!

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: Project: Projekt ShtandartPosted: November 15th, 2011, 6:38 pm
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/ ... 4g9uv1.png

[ img ]

Last edited by ALVAMA on November 15th, 2011, 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 5  [ 47 posts ]  Return to “Non-Shipbucket Drawings” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »

Jump to: