Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 114 of 166  [ 1658 posts ]  Go to page « 1112 113 114 115 116166 »
rifleman2
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: August 6th, 2019, 10:09 am
Love the SLR could I request a few variations?
The Commonwealth wood work (it has holes instead of slots) and if Lithgow made IE Australian a green carrying handle in plastic.
The British Black textured plastic furniture.
And the Canadian C1 with the top cover that has a stripper clip guide rail and exposed bolt carrier.

Another variant that could be produced is the L2a1 used by the Australians and the C2 used by the Canadians. British had the sense to go for the L4 !

[Profile] [Quote]
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: August 7th, 2019, 4:01 am
Good evening gentlemen.
A lesser known firearm of the Spanish Civil War, but was one of the main weapons of the Spanish Guardia Civil before, during and after that war: Destroyer Carbine.
[ img ]
Adquired as the replacement of El Tigre lever action carbine in both Guardia Civil and prision guards (until the mid 1960s). This carbine was bolt action, chambered in 9 x 23 mm Largo, the standard spanish cartridge of the era, and was feed by a single stack 5 round magazine. It was built at Eibar by at least 2 basque weapon makers. In the SCW it was clearly overshadowed by the 7 mm mausers, but this carbine had an important role in the first weeks after the failed coup d´etat in July 1936, when every useful arm was important. This firearm is well regarded in the contemporary civilian market. Cheers.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: August 10th, 2019, 7:46 am
Great drawings. Keep it up!

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: August 10th, 2019, 1:44 pm
I cannot see image.

[Profile] [Quote]
dalamace
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: August 10th, 2019, 4:03 pm
Hello,

Great drawing Reytuerto! Rather strange to use a pistol-calibre round on a bolt-action rifle.

I have done some work on the L1A1 variants. This one being made in Australia for the Australian Defence Force. It's most recognisable feature is its different handguard but otherwise quite similar to other Imperial Pattern FAL.

[ img ]

Many thanks to Colosseum for some of the parts. I also apologise for the colour of the handle.

This time a Canadian L1A1 called the C1A1. The C1A1 is recognisable for its ability to be loaded by charger/stripper clips, a different sight and a handguard that lacks any ventilation holes.

[ img ]

Again, many thanks to Colosseum for the carrying handle. The colour maybe a bit odd and once more I apologise.

Thank You!

[Profile] [Quote]
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: August 11th, 2019, 3:06 am
Good evening!

One of the first SMG in history, Beretta M1918:
[ img ]
A design that owes a lot to the OVP smg, which in turn was a direct derivative product of the Villar Perosa, the first SMG. In the interwar years it was modified, mainly putting the magazine in a much more orthodox position.
[ img ]
There is controversial information about the italian utilization of SMG during the SCW, because in the late 1930s the smg was not used by the Regio Esercito, but by the police forces. This also applies for the later and much better M1938. Cheers.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: August 11th, 2019, 10:46 pm
The SLRs look nice, but there should be black lines separating the upper and lower receivers. Also, areas that have distinct 90 degree corners should be outlined in black per all Shipbucket conventions.

SLR/FAL handguards do not have any taper going forward as far as I know. They should have straight lines on the top and bottom of the handguards. Are you tracing these from photos, or from actual diagrams of the rifles?

Carry handles are different for all of the Commonwealth SLR variants. Only the late-style British SLRs with Maranyl plastic furniture ("pebble grain") have the style of rubber carry handle shown (I originally drew this back in 2008 for the first of the highly inaccurate Gunbucket "FALs"... I would recommend revisiting this part entirely ;) )

You should verify if all SLR bolt carriers have the "sand cut" machining marks (designed to remove fouling from the action) or not. I know the British rifles do for sure but not 100% on the Canadian and Australian examples.

Wood-stocked SLRs have steel buttplates ;) Only the late-style British Maranyl stocks have a rubber buttplate, which is noticeably longer than the steel buttplates on the early rifles. The steel buttplates are very similar to the type used on the SMLE.

[Profile] [Quote]
dalamace
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: August 12th, 2019, 8:29 am
Hello,
Colosseum wrote: *
The SLRs look nice, but there should be black lines separating the upper and lower receivers. Also, areas that have distinct 90 degree corners should be outlined in black per all Shipbucket conventions.

SLR/FAL handguards do not have any taper going forward as far as I know. They should have straight lines on the top and bottom of the handguards. Are you tracing these from photos, or from actual diagrams of the rifles?

Carry handles are different for all of the Commonwealth SLR variants. Only the late-style British SLRs with Maranyl plastic furniture ("pebble grain") have the style of rubber carry handle shown (I originally drew this back in 2008 for the first of the highly inaccurate Gunbucket "FALs"... I would recommend revisiting this part entirely ;) )

You should verify if all SLR bolt carriers have the "sand cut" machining marks (designed to remove fouling from the action) or not. I know the British rifles do for sure but not 100% on the Canadian and Australian examples.

Wood-stocked SLRs have steel buttplates ;) Only the late-style British Maranyl stocks have a rubber buttplate, which is noticeably longer than the steel buttplates on the early rifles. The steel buttplates are very similar to the type used on the SMLE.
Thanks for the feedback Colosseum, really appreciate it!

The black line between the upper and lower receiver is something I've been debating about myself so glad that clarify that for me. Also, I would like to ask, what do you mean by the distinct 90 degree corners? Does this mean that all 90 degree corners have a thicker line or something?

As for the rest, the L1A1 do have a slight taper but only on the bottom of the handguard according to the blueprints I've seen. I am tracing it from a photo and look through some blueprints but most of the details come from a photo that I have.

In regard for the carry handle, that plastic one seems to be present in the C1A1 and both Australian and British L1A1. The C1A1 do have a different style of wooden carry handle but they're quickly replaced by the plastic one according to Forgotten Weapons. Pictures of Australian L1A1 have the plastic style but there might be earlier ones that I don't know about. At any rate, the 2008 inaccurate "FAL" seems to have some accurate parts but I will try to revisit this.

The sand cut machining mark seems to be present in British and Australian L1A1 but the Canadian C1A1 doesn't have them from what I can gather.

About the wood stock with the steel buttplate, I am embarrassed to say that I've missed this. I will fix that, thanks for pointing it out for me.

In any case, I will try to get some blueprints and more photos to work with to fix the British L1A1. Once again, thanks for the feedback!

Thank You

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: August 12th, 2019, 12:41 pm
If something is a "hard angle" (90 degrees) in SB formats, we show that line with a black line. This is how you differentiate 90 degree angles from lesser angles which are shown with varying grey shades depending on their severity. The line between the upper and lower receivers is an actual break between the structure of the rifle so should be shown in black. The machining marks around it (depending on their nature) could be shown in black, or a series of greys. Again this all depends on having closeup photos to determine the shape of the area...

There was a difference between the carry handles on early and late style British FALs. See here: http://www.deactivated-guns.co.uk/image ... 3499_6.jpg

Cheers

[Profile] [Quote]
rifleman2
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: August 13th, 2019, 3:47 pm
dalamace wrote: *
Hello,
Colosseum wrote: *

Thanks for the feedback Colosseum, really appreciate it!

The black line between the upper and lower receiver is something I've been debating about myself so glad that clarify that for me. Also, I would like to ask, what do you mean by the distinct 90 degree corners? Does this mean that all 90 degree corners have a thicker line or something?

As for the rest, the L1A1 do have a slight taper but only on the bottom of the handguard according to the blueprints I've seen. I am tracing it from a photo and look through some blueprints but most of the details come from a photo that I have.

In regard for the carry handle, that plastic one seems to be present in the C1A1 and both Australian and British L1A1. The C1A1 do have a different style of wooden carry handle but they're quickly replaced by the plastic one according to Forgotten Weapons. Pictures of Australian L1A1 have the plastic style but there might be earlier ones that I don't know about. At any rate, the 2008 inaccurate "FAL" seems to have some accurate parts but I will try to revisit this.

The sand cut machining mark seems to be present in British and Australian L1A1 but the Canadian C1A1 doesn't have them from what I can gather.

About the wood stock with the steel buttplate, I am embarrassed to say that I've missed this. I will fix that, thanks for pointing it out for me.

In any case, I will try to get some blueprints and more photos to work with to fix the British L1A1. Once again, thanks for the feedback!

Thank You
The Australian SLR. Carrying handle is a green colour. The Aussies supplied the the L1a1 to most of the commonwealth

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 114 of 166  [ 1658 posts ]  Return to “Non-Shipbucket Drawings” | Go to page « 1112 113 114 115 116166 »

Jump to: