Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 120 of 166  [ 1658 posts ]  Go to page « 1118 119 120 121 122166 »
eswube
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: October 29th, 2019, 10:05 pm
Keep up the good work! :)

[Profile] [Quote]
dalamace
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: October 30th, 2019, 10:38 pm
Hello everyone,

Very nice job Reytuerto, we could never have enough Mausers! The colours on the M904 do look quite neat.

Many semi-automatic conversion of bolt-action rifles seemed to pop up after the First World War and the M1903 Springfield was not spared by these modifications by enterprising gunsmiths/makers. This particular rifle with the serial number 389864 has been modified to be semi-auto by an unknown inventor and would most likely be a one-off. It is most likely made in the 1920s and clearly made by skilled hands. The rifle has a standard M1903 barrel, rear sight, upper and lower barrel bands, buttplate and front sight. However, its bolt, receiver, trigger guard and stock have been extensively modified. A seven inch piece of walnut has been added to accomodate the lengthened receiver. The rifle seemed to be Pre-World War 1 based on markings.

[ img ]

A real weapon sold in Rock Island Auction, it is a weird looking gun though nonetheless interesting. I hope it's proportional and the colours are alright.

Thank You!

[Profile] [Quote]
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: November 7th, 2019, 4:49 pm
Well done drawing of a little (or any) known rifle, Dalamace! Thanks Eswube for the feedback!
In our archives, there is a nicely done Schmidt Rubin K31 carbine drawing by Glorfindel, I am trying to complete the saga:
[ img ]
The first Schmidt Rubin rifle had a straight pull and a 12 round detachable magazine. The cartridge was a smokeless but round nosed round. In 1896 and 1911 the rifle was modenized being able to fire a spitzer round from a 6 round magazine.
[ img ]
There was a carbine version of the 1911 firearm, which was similar to the rifle in almost all aspects, but lighter and shorter.
[ img ]
Cheers.

[Profile] [Quote]
Glorfindel
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: November 8th, 2019, 6:36 pm
Cool. Good drawings.

I own a K11 and a K31. The K11 used my Grandfather during his military service. He served from 1935 to 1965 as conscript in the rank of a sergeant.

[Profile] [Quote]
dalamace
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: November 10th, 2019, 12:56 am
Hello,

Very good work on the pull-action, Reytuerto! Quite interesting that the magazine decreased in size.

At any rate, I have decided to do the FAMAS G2. It has a number of changes in comparison to the F1, one of which includes the capability to accept STANAG 30-round magazines as opposed to the French FAMAS-exclusive straight 25-round ones. This one is depicted to lack a rifle grenade adapter (just for my own interest really, it can easily be added back since the barrel is the same as the F1).

[ img ]

And then the not-well-known FAMAS G1, the predecessor of the FAMAS G2. This one is depicted to have no integral bipod and the capability to launch rifle grenades.

[ img ]

Pardon if there's any mistake and please do point them out.

Thank You!

[Profile] [Quote]
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: November 12th, 2019, 7:59 pm
Hi, very interesting the history of your grandfather´s carbine, Glorfindel. May I ask you if the firearm was stored with the uniform (the helmet was part of the uniform or a piece of equipment?) in home or it was in the unit´s storege? Hi, Dalamace! Fine to have the G2 with stanag magazine! (I don´t have any previous view of the G2), well done additions.

Two hungarian Mannlicher short rifles, the interwar carbine FEG 35M, chambered for the 8 mm rimmed round,
[ img ]
but with the introducction of the well liked Kar98, the following Mannlicher was chambered to the standard German round 7.92x57 and had the internal 5 round magazine of the German rifle.
[ img ]
Cheers.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: November 12th, 2019, 9:42 pm
Good work.

[Profile] [Quote]
dalamace
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: November 15th, 2019, 6:35 pm
Hello Everyone,

Very good work Reytuerto! Very nice looking Mannlichers!

At any rate, I have tried to draw the Valorise version of the FAMAS F1. This one seemed to be the Protoype version of the Valorise .

[ img ]

Next is the FN FAL, the 50.00 Version of it.

[ img ]

These two drawings might have some errors, so if you see some, please do tell!

Thank You!

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: November 20th, 2019, 8:27 pm
Nice work.
I am just wondering, if the trigger guard on FN FAL wouldn't benefit if it was done in similar style to FAMAS (black contour + parallel grey). Not saying anything definitively, just curious.

[Profile] [Quote]
dalamace
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: November 22nd, 2019, 10:36 pm
Hello

Thanks Eswube! As for the FN FAL's trigger, I do think that the trigger guard do look a tad better with the parallel grey since it stands out much more. And here's the FN FAL 50.63, with a shorter barrel and a folding stock, as well as the redrawn trigger guard.

[ img ]

And here is the HK416F with the absolutely massive FELIN Scope. The FAMAS version will hopefully be coming along. I hope the size is correct since I can't find the dimension of it.

[ img ]

Thank You!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 120 of 166  [ 1658 posts ]  Return to “Non-Shipbucket Drawings” | Go to page « 1118 119 120 121 122166 »

Jump to: