Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 116 of 166  [ 1658 posts ]  Go to page « 1114 115 116 117 118166 »
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: August 26th, 2019, 10:19 pm
Oh, the Korean K2! And nicely done! (It was the rifle of the Peruvian marines in the late 80s, early 90s, I had seen the rifle with a bayonet similar to the American blade, but I don´t know if there is a proper south Korean blade for it). Well done, Dalamace!

I think that this is the last german made LMG used during the Spanish Civil War, the Bergmann MG-15 nA:
[ img ]

A short recoil, belt fed and air refrigerated gun in its actual form. Was derived from a medium water cooled machine gun, which was modified as a defensive weapon for aircraft, and then further developed once again for ground use. It was a desperate German answer to the need of a more portable gun than the MG-08. Unfortunatelly the gun overheats after 250 rounds of sustained fire, so for a continuous fire, several guns must be grouped, or it was used in mobile parties with not requirements for long sustained fire.

After the war, it was used by Turkey and in China during the warlords era previous to the Japanese invasion of Manchukuo, finally by both sides during the SCW. Cheers.

[Profile] [Quote]
Pantsu
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: August 28th, 2019, 9:50 am
dalamace wrote: *
Heya!

Thanks Rey and The_Sprinklez! As for how to hold the ZiP, then I think it's safe to say that you shouldn't be holding one in the first place! And if you do, it's stupendously awkward and unsafe.

And now, the Daewoo Precision Industries K2, the standard service rifle of the Republic of Korea Armed Forces (South Korea), and an infinitely better gun than the ZiP .22 but that's not saying much. An Assault Rifle chambered for the 5.56 NATO.

[ img ]

Any criticism is, of course, welcomed especially in regards to the shading.

Thank You!
Hey Dalamance, I took a look at your work. I have to say, the shape on this one is amazing, I love it.
As to shading, from personal view I think you could move the brightness of the light on the gun up by 5 and thicken it up by 1 pixel on the barrel.
Front of the grip (right side) should also be positive light, alongside with the front of the magazine I believe.
But that of course is just my opinion as I always do it that way.

[Profile] [Quote]
dalamace
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: August 29th, 2019, 7:41 am
Hello,

Well done, Reytuerto! A cool and strange looking machine gun!

Thanks for the feedback Pantsu! I have reworked the K2 a bit, add some missing details and missing shading. Generally a few holes were missing. The brightness of the lighter shades I've made it a bit higher to make it stand out a bit more and I did thicken the barrel in general as well and not just the shading. The magazine has its front shaded in as well as its top. I don't think I will put the front of the grip in a positive light because I just do it that way.

For Reytuerto's feedback, I think the muzzle device is the AK-type one with little holes that doesn't show in some angles. I've added some darker lines in the muzzle device to show some change in angle. There are two muzzle device if I'm not mistake and I think the one I've drawn have the one that doesn't have the long slit on it.

[ img ]

Thank You!

[Profile] [Quote]
Pantsu
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: August 29th, 2019, 11:35 pm
dalamace wrote: *
Hello,

Well done, Reytuerto! A cool and strange looking machine gun!

Thanks for the feedback Pantsu! I have reworked the K2 a bit, add some missing details and missing shading. Generally a few holes were missing. The brightness of the lighter shades I've made it a bit higher to make it stand out a bit more and I did thicken the barrel in general as well and not just the shading. The magazine has its front shaded in as well as its top. I don't think I will put the front of the grip in a positive light because I just do it that way.

For Reytuerto's feedback, I think the muzzle device is the AK-type one with little holes that doesn't show in some angles. I've added some darker lines in the muzzle device to show some change in angle. There are two muzzle device if I'm not mistake and I think the one I've drawn have the one that doesn't have the long slit on it.

[ img ]

Thank You!
That looks far better, the new shading makes the gun textures "pop", and I love it.
Good work, Dalamace.

[Profile] [Quote]
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: August 30th, 2019, 2:43 pm
Excellent shading, Dalamace! And equally excellence in the feedback, Pantsu!
My first and last WWII era japanese submachine gun: Nambu Type 100.
[ img ]

A "Bergmann type" conventional SMG. Chambered for the weak 8 mm Nambu cartridge, then standard in the japanese most usual pistols Type 14 and Type 94 (a very defective weapon). Type 100 was an evolution of the Experimental Model 3 submachine gun of 1938, and was adopted in summer of 1940 after being modified to accept the standard Type 30 long bayonet, but in very scarce numbers (the SMG was not an important weapon in the japanese tactical doctrine). In 1944 a simplified version was introduced, which was a sound weapon, with low recoil, very reliable and good accuracy. Unfortunatelly, only 7500 were made. Cheers.

[Profile] [Quote]
dalamace
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: August 31st, 2019, 3:21 pm
Hello,

Very well done on the drawing, Reytuerto! Always nice to see WW2 weapons and Japanese ones especially. I must say, the fact that the Japanese fitted bayonets on nearly every small arms they have is certainly amusing to me. Keep it up!

Now, the French FAMAS (Fusil d'Assaut Manufacture d'Armes St. Étienne), a quite well-known bullpup assault rifle that is used by the French Armed Forces until it is slated to be replaced by the Heckler & Koch HK416. This particular one is the FAMAS F1, which is chambered for the 5.56 NATO but is fed from a proprietary 25 round magazine. It is the first of the variants and was eventually replaced by the FAMAS G1 and then the FAMAS G2.

[ img ]

Any feedback would be welcomed especially since the FAMAS F1 have really strange shapes which was challenging to shade.

Thank You!

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: August 31st, 2019, 7:41 pm
Great drawings.

[Profile] [Quote]
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: September 2nd, 2019, 1:26 pm
Thanks, Dalamace and Eswube. Do you know if the bayonet of MAS 49 is the same blade for FAMAS?

The main rifle for the american troops in the spanish-american war:
Krag Jorgensen rifle in 30-40:
[ img ]
and as carbine, was the firearm of cavalry troops
[ img ].

A good and accurate weapon, unfortunatelly, its loading mechanism was soon obsolete, being replaced by the legendary Springfield 10 years after its introduction in american service. Cheers.

[Profile] [Quote]
dalamace
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: September 4th, 2019, 3:07 pm
Hey, Reytuerto, cool drawing and a nice addition! Unfortunately, I don't know about the FAMAS bayonet, sorry.

[Profile] [Quote]
Cplnew83
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: September 4th, 2019, 4:33 pm
reytuerto wrote: *
Thanks, Dalamace and Eswube. Do you know if the bayonet of MAS 49 is the same blade for FAMAS?
The FAMAS uses the very same bayonet (apart markings) of the MAS-49/56.

Worklist, FD scale submarines and ships :
- Project 971 "Akula" (80%)
- Project 705 "Alpha" (10%)
- Project 371 (70%)
- Project 1459 (30%)
- Projekt 151 Sassnitz (To be redone)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 116 of 166  [ 1658 posts ]  Return to “Non-Shipbucket Drawings” | Go to page « 1114 115 116 117 118166 »

Jump to: