Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 87 of 166  [ 1658 posts ]  Go to page « 185 86 87 88 89166 »
eswube
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: October 18th, 2017, 9:23 pm
Good additions. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: October 20th, 2017, 1:44 am
Thanks, Eswube!

Now, the Carl Gustav´s peruvian "nephew": MPG-79:
[ img ]
It was made by the Peruvian Navy, with the aim of complement the Uzi in the Navy, and both the Star Z-70 and Z-45 of the Guardia Civil (Police), and also the argentinian made FMK-3 of the Guardia Republicana (Border Police). It was well paved, but the barrel was unsuitable for heavy automatic fire in the fierce terrorist attacks to several police posts. It was well balanced and controlable, but the lack of butt was a serious drawback. The selector and the safe controls were to the right side. Cheers.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: October 20th, 2017, 7:11 pm
Never heard about this one. Good work!

[Profile] [Quote]
Scootia23
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: October 20th, 2017, 9:53 pm
Here's something to contribute to the list of submachineguns:

[ img ]

Reising M55 SMG

Something I consider to be a very cute and neat looking gun with an unfounded bad reputation. The Reising is often derided as an unreliable, finicky gun that was a consistently poor performer, and a large part of this reputation is taken out of context for what the Reising was. When it was first manufactured the Reising was intended mainly for police and civilian guards, giving something that was both more potent than a pistol while still very light and easy to have on your person. It was accurate, light, reasonably ergonomic, and quite easy to shoot. In many respects it was superior to the M1 Thompson.

However, it was never intended to fill a military role, and when placed into one out of desperation more than anything, it came up short. But again, it was a civilian gun, designed to be pleasant to shoot rather than to endure the harshness of the battlefield. There is nobody really at fault for the Reising's poor performance in combat, as the USMC was desperate for short range firepower suited to the jungles of the Pacific, and a faulty submachinegun was better than no submachinegun at all. And it is not as if Eugene Reising should be chastised for designing a civilian gun to meet civilian requirements either!

Probably one of my favorite lesser known weapons of WW2, for both it's unique looks and unique story.

EDIT: Accidentally mis-scaled the drawing and had to redo it, based on pictures of the weapon side-by-side with the Thompson my original was about 30% too large.

Last edited by Scootia23 on October 29th, 2017, 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: October 23rd, 2017, 1:03 pm
Good to see the smg of the Marines at Guadalcanal! Good work!

And now, the last of the peruvian smg:

[ img ]

Having recognized the main drawback of MPG-79, with the aid of IMI technicians, several improvements were made. The barrel was heavier and shorter better suited for automatic fire (up to 5 magazines in this mode without overheating), but the perforated cooling jacket was eliminated. The controls were ambidextrous, and also the arming lever was placed in the upper section of the receiver as the ejection port. And it was given a metallic folding butt for better control and aiming. There was a very useful suppressor and also it had the ability of launching rifle grenades. Cheers.

PS: Edited after reading Heuhen´s link.

Last edited by reytuerto on October 24th, 2017, 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
sebu
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: October 23rd, 2017, 4:12 pm
Good work reytuerto and Scootia! Never heard of these.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: October 23rd, 2017, 7:17 pm
Rifle grenades? I suppose I can see a use for it, but what a curious feature.
You don't happen to have a picture of it in use?

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: October 24th, 2017, 2:01 pm
fast google search, gave me this:

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2013 ... chine-gun/

[Profile] [Quote]
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: October 24th, 2017, 11:36 pm
Thanks Heuhen for the link. Until reading it, I don´t know about the different lengths of the folding butt. Neither the perforated protection of the barrel as an option for MPG-87, nor the different arrangements of the arming lever. I made some corrections for the previous drawing. With the barrel towards the right, the arming lever is only seen over the tubular receiver.

Hi, Thiel. Here, a much modest contribution:
[ img ]

Cheers!

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: October 25th, 2017, 12:14 am
That's so weird. Breaching and riot control grenades makes sense, but why Fargo grenades?

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 87 of 166  [ 1658 posts ]  Return to “Non-Shipbucket Drawings” | Go to page « 185 86 87 88 89166 »

Jump to: