Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 119 of 166  [ 1658 posts ]  Go to page « 1117 118 119 120 121166 »
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: September 30th, 2019, 1:24 pm
Thanks, Ian! As creator of this scale, your point of view is the most qualified one. PPD´s stock will remain in its greenish brown color!

[Profile] [Quote]
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: October 2nd, 2019, 2:35 am
Good evening guys.
A shotgun that was well used by american troops since the Moro Revolt in the Philippines at the end of the XIX century until Korean War: Whinchester Model 1897.
[ img ]
A reliable pump shotgun with external hammer, the military model called "Trench Gun" during WWI, had a perforated metallic heat shield and a bayonet lug, being an effective close quarters weapon. Cheers.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: October 2nd, 2019, 11:44 am
Very nice!

You are quickly becoming the next Gunbucket expert :)

[Profile] [Quote]
dtn
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: October 3rd, 2019, 4:13 am
reytuerto wrote: *
Good morning, guys.
I have a Philosophical doubt: May I ask what is the real aim of our drawings? the historical accuracy or the aesthetic interpretation of the real model? I am making this question because I am putting some order in my SMG archive, and I found that the color of the woodwork of one of my drawings (the soviet PPD) was really ungainly (an ugly greenish brown of clear shade, almost a pain in the eye!) which is accurate and very close to the color of the wooden stock of the actual soviet firearm, but far, very far, to be an nice color (like the woodwork of the S-100 submachine gun of the same era, or the british or american dark brown stocks). Thanks and cheers..
Keep in mind Soviet film had a limited color range and varied from batch to batch - you can get some gruesome colors from Russian photos.

Most PPDs seem to have the common garnet shellacked birch stock.

[Profile] [Quote]
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: October 7th, 2019, 1:06 am
Thanks, Ian!
Hi, dtn. I read that the russians used birch because it was a common wood and lighter than the walnut, making the stock less heavy.
The sucesor of the well tried Winchester 97 was another legendary shotgun, the reliable Ithaca Model 1937.
[ img ]
A pump action shotgun, with the ejection port in the lower part of the receiver. As its stablemate, it had a heat shield of perforated steel with a bayonet lug. Very reliable under the worst conditions, it was used by the amercian troops until the Vietnam War.
Credits: Inspired by the previous Ithaca 37 by Ace. Thanks to him! Cheers.

[Profile] [Quote]
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: October 21st, 2019, 7:31 pm
[ img ]

[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
dalamace
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: October 21st, 2019, 8:37 pm
Oh, very nice additions! The MP-34's magazine do look pretty neat!

[Profile] [Quote]
SouprRacwn
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: October 22nd, 2019, 4:17 am
Ah yes, the classic Mannlicher M1895.

Banana
Watermelon
Playstation 5

I authored these forum threads:
GB Kolibriscale
GB Scale Caliber Index
TrucKola's Project/Image Dump

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: October 26th, 2019, 12:29 pm
Nice work.

[Profile] [Quote]
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: October 27th, 2019, 8:12 pm
Good evening, guys! Thanks for your feedback, B!
A Portuguese "improvement" of the well tried Mauser: The Vergueiro modification consisted in grafting the Mannlicher bolt system to the Mauser rifle, with a 5 round magazine flush with the stock. The cartridge was a round nosed 6.5 mm rimless round.
[ img ]
After adopting the Kar-98 in 1939, many of the remaining Mauser–Vergueiro rifles were modified to chamber the 7.92 x 57 mm standard cartridge and were called Espingarda 8 mm M904-39
[ img ]
Cheers!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 119 of 166  [ 1658 posts ]  Return to “Non-Shipbucket Drawings” | Go to page « 1117 118 119 120 121166 »

Jump to: