Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 4  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: White Star Line ships. (Large images!)Posted: May 21st, 2012, 7:42 pm
Wow, pretty awesome indeed!

[Quote]
alotef
Post subject: Re: White Star Line ships. (Large images!)Posted: May 21st, 2012, 9:22 pm
Thankyou for the overwhelmingly kind responses. :D
In response to some particulars,
@paul_541 There will be more. Olympic is in the works. =]
@bezobrazov I hope to complete Oceanic at some point in the near future, but I am snowed under by work and the Olympic class liners currently. :/ However, should you like to collaborate with me, it would be incredibly handy if you were to sketch an outline of the hull of either ship in the scale I used to draw Titanic. :)
@CanisD Thanks, you're right on that. I also missed a row or two of rivets both forward and aft of where they currently end. These will be fixed!

Once again, thanks for your responses. It always makes these things worthwhile to see that a community appreciates them!
Kind regards,
Mike.

[Profile] [Quote]
LEUT_East
Post subject: Re: White Star Line ships. (Large images!)Posted: May 22nd, 2012, 1:25 am
Simply stunning and the attention to detail is mindblowing. These would be nice framed and put in a study/den.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: White Star Line ships. (Large images!)Posted: May 22nd, 2012, 6:55 am
That's simply great! Good work!

[Profile] [Quote]
Clonecommander6454
Post subject: Re: White Star Line ships. (Large images!)Posted: May 22nd, 2012, 8:16 am
Looking Great!

[Profile] [Quote]
alotef
Post subject: Re: White Star Line ships. (Large images!)Posted: May 22nd, 2012, 10:07 am
Thanks again. :)
I have printed Titanic out, and she does look nice. However, I have noticed one or two little things that will need correction before I put one up on my wall. I am just a perfectionist. :P

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: White Star Line ships. (Large images!)Posted: May 22nd, 2012, 10:24 am
No doubt! Simply magical! I must ask though, what is the scale?

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
alotef
Post subject: Re: White Star Line ships. (Large images!)Posted: May 22nd, 2012, 10:38 am
I made my own digital model scale of 12 pixels on a 60hz monitor = 1 meter.
Judging scale on a pixel drawing is difficult because of differing resolutions unfortunately. :/
When printed out, Titanic is slightly longer than a 1/350th scale model I have of her.

[Profile] [Quote]
alotef
Post subject: Re: White Star Line ships. (Large images!)Posted: May 22nd, 2012, 10:43 am
Here's a visual representation of the scale. I wanted something that would be big enough to employ large amounts of detail, but not a scale that would require 200 sheets to print out! Therefore, I developed this scale:
[ img ]
Whereby the top blocks measure scale meters and the bottom blocks show blocks of ten pixels at 60hz.

[Profile] [Quote]
Weisman
Post subject: Re: White Star Line ships. (Large images!)Posted: May 22nd, 2012, 3:36 pm
This is something different and wonderful!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 4  [ 40 posts ]  Return to “Non-Shipbucket Drawings” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »

Jump to: