Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 5 of 11  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page « 13 4 5 6 711 »
Rhade
Post subject: Re: Denton Army Air Force DrawingsPosted: June 5th, 2012, 7:01 pm
It don't look bigger, that "men" you use to show the scale make that this plane look more like private jet not a bomber. If you want to use that type of "scale show" do it like them:

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Denton Army Air Force DrawingsPosted: June 5th, 2012, 7:08 pm
Actually the scale doesn't look far off to me.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: Denton Army Air Force DrawingsPosted: June 5th, 2012, 7:11 pm
For me that 187 design look more like that B-29 in the background in comparison with B-36.

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Denton Army Air Force DrawingsPosted: June 5th, 2012, 7:15 pm
The guy in the drawing is exactly 36 pixels, which is 6 feet tall. The fuselage is exactly 12.5 feet in diameter, just like the B-36 and most airliners of the time, and the tail is exactly 50 feet feet high (I'll change the specs in the writing). Wingspan is 235 feet, with overall wingspan being 245 which includes the tip tanks, and the wheels are exactly 4 feet in diameter.

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
SrGopher
Post subject: Re: Denton Army Air Force DrawingsPosted: June 7th, 2012, 9:28 pm
I tried doing this a while back, if I find the files as to my free-handed shot, I can post them for you. I've long since given up on this, as well as most of my drawings on Shipbucket.

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Denton Army Air Force DrawingsPosted: June 7th, 2012, 9:51 pm
I'd like to see what you have. And don't give up. I suck at ship drawing and just drawing in general (unless I'm using a pencil and paper :D ), but if you keep pressing yourself you can do it ;) .

Here we go. Next drawing. This is obviously the Fairchild C-119. When Fairchild built the C-82 in September of 1944, Denton was eager to submit an order, but after realizing that it wouldn't meet specs, they decided to decline. After the war Denton was still looking for a light transport, and finally in November 1947 the C-119 went on it's first flight. After reviewing the aircraft they decided it would fit current needs, and placed an order for 5 of them. After being built in Hagerstown Maryland, the new DAAF boxcars flew towards Denton, and after several years of constant usage, the DAAF asked Fairchild to allow AAC to build the boxcar in Denton. After several requests, Fairchild finally accepted, and the building of boxcars started on February of 1952. The run lasted for several years, with more than 560 aircraft being built, mostly going to the Army Air Force and Army, while the Navy and a few private pilots, who flew cargo to outlying islands, picked up several. After being in service for nearly 40 years, the air frames were starting to show fatigue, and were finally retired in 1993. In 2005 AAC submitted a proposal to the Denton Military and cargo pilots, stating that they would start a new production run of the C-119 if enough orders were recived, and the new plane would feature an upgraded air frame, new avionics, and the choice of a turoprop or radial power plant. By 2008 enough orders were recieved and the production of boxcars resumed in limited quantities, with about 50 being built each year.

I'll write some specs up later. The reason I chose this plane is because this is my #1 favorite plane, and the best bush aircraft EVER. So because of that, I didn't want to go against myself and NOT have the venerable Boxcar in the military. The boxcar is basically a tactial airlifter, but is used for any kind of cargo carrying in the Denton Archipelago.
[ img ]
I still have a few details to add, and I will do the right side soon. I am not sure if I will do the top view (I do have the reference), but hat will be decided at a later date.

Thanks
-EZ-

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
travestytrav25
Post subject: Re: Denton Army Air Force DrawingsPosted: June 8th, 2012, 12:46 am
Very nice work. Are you going to draw a turbo version of it too? That'd be intersting to see. I read somewhere that they had actually planned to do turboprop conversions of the Boxcar, but for some reason the plan never came into fruition. Ooh, maybe do the gunship version, too.

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Denton Army Air Force DrawingsPosted: June 8th, 2012, 12:52 am
You know that's not a bad idea. I'll do several variants and paint schemes of this, to give y'all an idea on how this plane is used.
I'll even draw our version of the C-119H, the version of the boxcar that had a 148' wingspan that lost out to the C-130.

As for the gunship, I didn't consider having the boxcar serve as a gunship. Instead we have a 4 engine cargo plane that LOOKS like the Armstrong Whitworth AW.660 Argosy, that will be used as a gunship. But you know what, that might be pretty cool. I'll see what I can do ;) .

-EZ-

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Denton Army Air Force DrawingsPosted: June 8th, 2012, 9:34 pm
Here we go. Left, Right, Front and Top views.
[ img ]

Specs are basically the same as the Fairchild Boxcar, but I'll post them anyways.

Crew 2-4
Length 86 ft
Wingspan 109 ft
Height 26.5 ft
Empty Weight 38820 lb
Loaded Weight 74000 lb

Powerplant 2x EM-20R 4000hp radials

Cruise speed 215 kn
Range 2200 nm
Service Ceiling 23000 ft
Rate of Climb 1000 ft/min

Cargo 10000lb

On some models they installed one turbojet on top of the fuselage, or one under the wing on each side.

I'll work on some paint schemes later.

Thanks,
-EZ-

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Denton Army Air Force DrawingsPosted: June 14th, 2012, 9:57 pm
So right now I'm working on another one of my bombers, and I'm having trouble with the wing angle, so while I figure that out, I thought I would start on my strategic airlifter. Since we basically use the model 187 as the basis, was curious on how I should do it. I was hoping I could ask y'all what you think would be best. As it is I have 2 ideas. First would be to create a larger fuselage above the existing one, kind of like what boeing did with the C-97/377, and put a cargo lift in the front, and a clamshell door in the tail with a ramp. Second would be to create a larger wider fuselage, that can facilitate loading/unloading, with a nose door. What do you guys think?

-EZ-

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 5 of 11  [ 105 posts ]  Return to “Non-Shipbucket Drawings” | Go to page « 13 4 5 6 711 »

Jump to: