Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ] 
99Problems
Post subject: Looking For HelpPosted: June 8th, 2012, 10:47 pm
Well I'm pretty bad at making FD-scale vehicles, but it's something I've always had an interest in, so I was wondering, could someone help me out a little? Is there anything I can do to make my drawings better? Are there any tips or tricks I should know? I just want to get better, so I would really like some help.

[Profile] [Quote]
Raxar
Post subject: Re: Looking For HelpPosted: June 9th, 2012, 1:31 am
Really what drawing boils down to, in any scale actually, is practice and good reference images. The best artists on this site (DarthPanda, ALVAMA, et al.) have done so much drawing that they always come out with excellent work. The best advice I can give you is to keep at it, and you will progress.

"If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done." ~Ludwig Wittgenstein

[Profile] [Quote]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: Looking For HelpPosted: June 9th, 2012, 10:30 am
True, you need to practice, practice, practice ... if you are happy about your design, you are wrong! There is always something you can make better, but you must start from something. Take as many as you can references, look at them all the time. FD scale is small and hard to drawn desings in it, we are not Gods of Paint like DP or couple of fine lads here but we try our best. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Looking For HelpPosted: June 10th, 2012, 4:34 am
99Problems wrote:
Well I'm pretty bad at making FD-scale vehicles, but it's something I've always had an interest in, so I was wondering, could someone help me out a little? Is there anything I can do to make my drawings better? Are there any tips or tricks I should know? I just want to get better, so I would really like some help.
Your drawings are actually pretty good in quality - but you keep failing to adhere to Shipbucket standards regarding the template.

[Profile] [Quote]
Lebroba
Post subject: Re: Looking For HelpPosted: June 10th, 2012, 8:30 am
Drawining stuff out with traditional media first always helps me. I can explore ideas on paper before I get to deep into the digital process. Also like the others have said, reference is king. Always look to the reference.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]  Return to “Non-Shipbucket Drawings”

Jump to: