Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 27 of 29  [ 282 posts ]  Go to page « 125 26 27 28 29 »
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: May 23rd, 2013, 7:26 pm
Ok, well. Good enough for me!

That's fine. Hopefully someone will come along and clear it up.

After about 1 hour, I came up with this:
[ img ]
It is based on the HT-158 chassis and I will create a 6x6 version.
Comments?

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: June 12th, 2013, 4:38 pm
So after trying to write out more of Denton's history, I got stuck on WW1 and WW2 and decided to draw out a Heavy Tank from WWII.
It is based on the Churchill tank. I can't show the shape of the front hull very well, but it is sloped like the on Sherman tank. The turret that is on it is a welded turret (there will be cast versions) and is equipped with a 76mm gun. It can be equipped with Radials or V block engines and shown here is a radial (due to the large bulge to accommodate the extra height of the engine).

I will post more specs later and add more detail, but I am looking for some feedback.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/ezgo394/ ... wii_ht.bmp

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
APDAF
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: June 12th, 2013, 4:42 pm
I would move the turret slightly forward to get better gun depression.
Also I would add a gun mantlet to add more turret protection.

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: June 12th, 2013, 8:18 pm
Here is an update.
[ img ]
The first tank has a radial engine and a welded turret and the second one has a V12 engine and a cast turret

Some specs:

Armor -
Frontal: 140mm (5.5 inches)
Side: 102mm (4.0 inches)
Rear: 51mm (2.0 inches)
Hull Deck: 25mm (1.0 inch)

Length: 26 ft
Width: 11.2 ft

Max Speed: 25 mph

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: June 13th, 2013, 6:49 am
Interesting designs,both the amphibious HT-158 and the Heavy Tank.

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: June 13th, 2013, 3:41 pm
Thank you odysseus1980 :) .

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: July 2nd, 2013, 2:59 am
Hello all! I have been working on the AAC Model 187 'Condor' (Original topic is Denton Army Air Force Drawings), upgrading it and making it more aesthetically pleasing:

[ img ]

Several changes included the addition of a refueling port above and behind the cockpit, new turbines (and location(2px lower than before to prevent confusion)) increased to 8500hp to help get this thing off the ground, brand new props to replace the ugly old ones, revised and edited landing gear with 6 wheels on either side to lower ground pressure, and finally, some shading to top it all off.

Specs:

AAC Model 187-67 to 104 'Condor'

Crew: 10 (pilot, copilot, bombardier, navigator, gunner, & relief crew)

Length: 175 ft
Wingspan: 235 ft
Height: 50 ft
Empty Weight: 195000 lb
Loaded Weight: 510000 lb
Max Weight: 560000 lb
Max Fuel Capacity: 38000 gal

Powerplant: 6x Brittany/Eclair Motors EM-55TP-A1AT 8500hp Turboprops
4x Eclair Motors EM-55J-G2FE Turbojets, 7000 lbf

Cruise speed: 280 kn
Max speed: 450 kn
Range: 10500 nm (12500nm with drop tanks installed)
Combat Radius: 4300 nm (5800nm with drop tanks installed)
Service Ceiling: 45000 ft
Rate of Climb: 1500 ft/min

Avionics: 2x Carrick International Aerospace Systems A6T1B-F7 Flight Computer
Guns: 1x 30 mm chaingun, 525 RPM
Bombload: 110000 lb of various conventional, thermobaric, or thermonuclear bombs. Can also be modified to carry Anti Ship Missles, Anti Aircraft Missiles, and Air To Ground Missiles on external hardpoints.
(The bomb load can be increased substantially in wartime conditions with numbers as high as 150,000lb reported. The bomber itself can support the extra weight, but the ground pressure will increase significantly)

Hope you like it!

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: July 2nd, 2013, 8:11 am
I'm inclined to say, that wings have too high aspect ratio (too "short" between leading and trailing ege at the fuselage).
[ img ]
And IMHO it's too "boxy" (too much straight lines, too much sharp angles, too few curves).

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: July 2nd, 2013, 1:09 pm
Impressive bomber,similar of B-36 (combination of props/jets). I would like to see it loaded.

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: July 2nd, 2013, 1:49 pm
@ Eswube, normally I agree with you. However, I based the entirety of the aircraft on the conceptual Boeing Model 462.
Several references that I used:
http://www.hyperscale.com/images/B-52-Comp-Page.jpg
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/ezgo394/ ... g_1402.gif

As for the boxiness I kind of agree with you, but when it comes to the top view I only meant it as a basic representation of the aircraft, just to show the shape of the wings, position of engines etc etc.

@Thank you odysseus! The entire endeavor started with my fascination of the B-36. Once I saw a picture of the Boeing Model 462 and that got me wanting to make my own aircraft.
One of my older versions did have a fictionalized version of the Raduga Kh-22 on 4x external hardpoints. When I get some time, I'll add missiles and drop tanks.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 27 of 29  [ 282 posts ]  Return to “Non-Shipbucket Drawings” | Go to page « 125 26 27 28 29 »

Jump to: