Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 28 of 29  [ 282 posts ]  Go to page « 125 26 27 28 29 »
eswube
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: July 2nd, 2013, 2:45 pm
Ah, in this case I'm retracting my opinion. :)
The boxiness I mentioned can be seen also in side view.

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: October 31st, 2013, 9:59 pm
After finding some time I revised my map, adding some Maori town/city names to better reflect their influence on the islands and also switched a few names around.
[ img ]

All I am really doing right now is working on the history and basic information of the islands. I most likely will not post any drawings for a while, so this is all I have.

Enjoy.

Edit: I have also updated the history on the first page.

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: November 1st, 2013, 7:12 am
Nice work with the map.

[Profile] [Quote]
GLACIESFIRE
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: November 1st, 2013, 10:30 am
Sorry, but how do you do those kind of maps?

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: November 1st, 2013, 8:12 pm
Paint (or PS) and lots of patience I'd imagine.

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: November 1st, 2013, 9:06 pm
@Eswube - Thank you!

@GLACIESFIRE - I use Paint XP to draw everything.

As for creating the map, it's a long and drawn out process.

This map in particular bugged me for several months. I had sketched out several ideas on paper, but couldn't settle on anything. During this time I also worked on my history, and that helped me to decide some of the city names that I wanted to include/create. In doing this, I could figure out how I wanted them to be clustered, certain landmarks and things like that. I was looking at a lot of islands in the South Eastern Asia area, and had started on several ideas in Paint, but none worked. I came across New Zealand (after I had exhausted all of SE Asia) and liked the 2 'blocks' that made up the bulk of the country. Thinking on this, I turned the basic double block shape to fit the area that I was wanting to be located (knowing the locations of intersections in the tectonic plates really helps make it easy to determine the direction of your landmass), and started to plug the cities in, and it all fit together pretty much like I wanted it. After that, I started to mold the boundaries, taking care to note the movements of the plates. Doing this is easy. I just take the pencil tool and sketch what I think of, and then later I take a few hours to zoom in and clean them up and remove the straight lines. After that, I noted where I wanted the mountains, and took off. Staying close to scale is crucial, as the first rendition was miles off (literally!). The second version is what you see now. When drawing the terrain features, it is not crucial to go back and clean up the stray marks, because it leaves a sense of randomness.

So yeah. That's my process. All in all, it took me 5 months from decision to completed terrain. The actual drawing of the map was done on weeknights for a period of 2 weeks, so about 40 hours.

-EZ

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
GLACIESFIRE
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: November 2nd, 2013, 10:24 am
Wow! Keep going!!!

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: November 27th, 2013, 12:54 am
I have updated the first post, with the addition of some stats like Intentional Homicide Rate, etc., and added a revised Air Force and Navy Air Arm composition.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: November 27th, 2013, 2:56 pm
I read your first post,I like the way you present your nation:Every possible information is there from history to armed forces.A guide to anyone wants to start a new AU nation.Well done!

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: November 27th, 2013, 7:43 pm
Thank you!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 28 of 29  [ 282 posts ]  Return to “Non-Shipbucket Drawings” | Go to page « 125 26 27 28 29 »

Jump to: