Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 2  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 »
sabotage181
Post subject: my CSGN and CSGPosted: May 19th, 2013, 7:48 pm
Hello all. I'm new to this board. I've been on over at modelwarship.com and I recognize some of you from there. Not sure if this post should be in "non shipbucket drawings" or here. I've been drawing these ships for some time and they have gone through many changes. This layout is my favorite and as I learn more about how to draw ship bucket drawings, I will do them in that fashion. For now I'd like to put them up here and see what you all think of my design.

[ img ]

[ img ]

I draw them 99% exclusively with MSpaint and 1% paint.net

would love to hear and feedback

Joe

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: my CSGN and CSGPosted: May 19th, 2013, 8:12 pm
This is how we do things (but you'r art is a good one, it's a least show many things the CGBL would most likely have):

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
sabotage181
Post subject: Re: my CSGN and CSGPosted: May 19th, 2013, 8:18 pm
I like yours also. I like the all the way through flat main deck, and I set out from the very beginning to design my ship with this feature. The ship started out highly based on the USS Virginia, CGN-38 (which I served on) I like the twin deck houses and the main deck all from bow to stern. I like to think it still takes cue's from the Virginia, but a quite a bit of the Burke has been added for a lower RCS

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: my CSGN and CSGPosted: May 19th, 2013, 8:46 pm
ah it's not mine drawing. This is a drawing by TimothyC. I mostly only draw Norwegian vessels!

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: my CSGN and CSGPosted: May 19th, 2013, 10:44 pm
First: Welcome aboard.

Second: Yeah, that drawing is mine - and it's not 100% finished yet so it's not in the main archive.

Third: Also, I'm punting this to non-shipbucket drawings.

[Profile] [Quote]
sabotage181
Post subject: Re: my CSGN and CSGPosted: May 20th, 2013, 12:53 am
no problems on the move Timothy. I thought this is probably where I should have put it. I'm working on a shipbucket style drawing as we speak. How do you all fell about copy and paste? Is that considered cheating?

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: my CSGN and CSGPosted: May 20th, 2013, 1:12 am
sabotage181 wrote:
no problems on the move Timothy. I thought this is probably where I should have put it. I'm working on a shipbucket style drawing as we speak. How do you all fell about copy and paste? Is that considered cheating?
Follow the standard credit rules as outlined in the introduction and rules thread, and you'll be fine.

[quote="Colosseum in the "Shipbucket - Introduction and Guidelines" thread"]4.6 Crediting

All shipbucket images have the artist(s)' name shown in parentheses below the ship's class name. Always place your name on the drawings you post. You can use your real name, or an alias if you so choose... just make sure that the name you're using is not already being used by someone else. As expected, your alias must not be vulgar, racist, or otherwise rude or else we will not upload your drawings.

If you use someone else's drawing as a base for your own, add your name behind the original artist's name. Never remove the original artist's name. If we catch you doing this, your drawings will be deleted and you will be banned permanently from the shipbucket forum.

If you use a considerable amount of "blocks" or sections of someone else's drawings which are not in the "Things that help drawing" chart database, place their name ahead of yours in the credits.[/quote]

Edit: Also, any drawings that are not based on a serious/semi-serious proposal go in "Personal Designs" not "Never Built"

[Profile] [Quote]
Lebroba
Post subject: Re: my CSGN and CSGPosted: May 20th, 2013, 2:17 am
Cool style. Visually interesting and flawless compositing of elements. Id like to combine my 3d with images in this way one day

[Profile] [Quote]
sabotage181
Post subject: Re: my CSGN and CSGPosted: May 20th, 2013, 2:24 am
Lebroba wrote:
Cool style. Visually interesting and flawless compositing of elements. Id like to combine my 3d with images in this way one day

And I would love to build this ship in a 3d program. I"ve attempted to delve into the 3d world but as yet, not seriously

[Profile] [Quote]
sabotage181
Post subject: Re: my CSGN and CSGPosted: May 21st, 2013, 2:09 am
OK, so I'm taking a shot at shipbucket drawing. At this point I'm using a lot of copy and past until I get a good feel for the process. Am I going about his the right way? The drawing needs a lot of work yet I realize.

[ img ]

I just kind of eyeballed it from my drawings. I was thinking she would be about 750 feet but I think this drawing is about 800. Is this unrealistic?

Any input would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

Joe

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 2  [ 12 posts ]  Return to “Non-Shipbucket Drawings” | Go to page 1 2 »

Jump to: