Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 2  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 »
Kattsun
Post subject: Ogre!Posted: August 20th, 2013, 6:28 am
A North American Combine Mark VI "Armageddon" Ogre Cybernetic Tank (Esprit de Quebec) in battle colours.

[ img ]

Carries 18 "Rattler" intelligent nuclear missiles, 3x 175mm nuclear cannons, 6x 135mm secondary cannons, and 12x 30mm HE-AP railguns. Silhouettes compare Ogre to MBT-70 and unarmoured infantryman.

The Chinese people are not to be cowed by U.S. atomic blackmail. Our country has a population of 600 million and an area of 9.6 [million sq. km]. The United States cannot annihilate the Chinese nation with its small stack of atom bombs. Even if the U.S. atom bombs were so powerful that, when dropped on China, they would make a hole right through the earth, or even blow it up, that would hardly mean anything to the universe as a whole, though it might be a major event for the solar system.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Ogre!Posted: August 20th, 2013, 8:16 am
someone have seen to much cartoons!

[Profile] [Quote]
Shipright
Post subject: Re: Ogre!Posted: August 20th, 2013, 1:51 pm
Obviously a style piece, but you are using the same tracks and wheels from a normal sized tank which makes it look like you just stacked some tanks on top of each other and looks awful.

Right size the tracks and wheels to match the style!

[Profile] [Quote]
Kattsun
Post subject: Re: Ogre!Posted: August 20th, 2013, 3:44 pm
Considering I didn't draw the original Ogre, it's not my place to decide how it looks.

I just drew this profile image.

On advice from a fellow on IRC I have doubled the size of the tank:

[ img ]

The Chinese people are not to be cowed by U.S. atomic blackmail. Our country has a population of 600 million and an area of 9.6 [million sq. km]. The United States cannot annihilate the Chinese nation with its small stack of atom bombs. Even if the U.S. atom bombs were so powerful that, when dropped on China, they would make a hole right through the earth, or even blow it up, that would hardly mean anything to the universe as a whole, though it might be a major event for the solar system.

[Profile] [Quote]
Lebroba
Post subject: Re: Ogre!Posted: August 21st, 2013, 12:45 am
I'm guessing because of the size it's primarily used as a homeland defense. The logistics of moving it far a field would be a nightmare. But if it fills a primarily home land defense role, I wouldn't recommend using nuclear artillery. The fall out would decimate your population base and cripple the economy under the increased cost of medical care for radiation poisoning, starvation and the plethora of diseases that would be rampant.

[Profile] [Quote]
Kattsun
Post subject: Re: Ogre!Posted: August 21st, 2013, 1:10 am
It can drive under inland seas and large rivers since it's powered by a nuclear fusion reactor.

It's mainly transported by cargo ships across the ocean, though. It's not meant for defence at all. They can be used on other continents provided you have a cargo ship big enough to carry it there and offload it at a sufficiently sized dockyard and it doesn't get holed by a submarine.

Nuclear weapons are the primary weapon because it's supposed to fight entire battalions of normal tanks, GEVs, and armoured infantry.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: Ogre!Posted: August 21st, 2013, 6:01 am
I would smell in this manga/anime or nationstates. In that case realistic aspects of design are not important. But still, it's a good drawning. Totally unrealistic and "silly" of course but as drawning, it's good.

[Profile] [Quote]
Kattsun
Post subject: Re: Ogre!Posted: August 21st, 2013, 6:30 am
I would love an anime with Ogres in it. o:

[Profile] [Quote]
CanisD
Post subject: Re: Ogre!Posted: August 21st, 2013, 7:39 am
http://www.sjgames.com/ogre/
It's from a game first published in 1977.

[Profile] [Quote]
Kattsun
Post subject: Re: Ogre!Posted: August 21st, 2013, 8:07 am
The artwork was drawn in 1976, though. o: o: o:

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 2  [ 11 posts ]  Return to “Non-Shipbucket Drawings” | Go to page 1 2 »

Jump to: