Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 2  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2
eswube
Post subject: Re: BuildingsPosted: March 31st, 2014, 7:44 am
I like it - both the drawing and whole idea of Buildingbucket! :)
I have one concern, though - are You sure about the height - and the scale bar on the left? Between 100m and 150m mark there are 70 meters, plus the whole building ends rather around 230 meter mark (and taking into account that 70 meters between 100-150, rather around 250m).

[Profile] [Quote]
CraigH
Post subject: Re: BuildingsPosted: March 31st, 2014, 1:20 pm
Really like the concept! Just what I need....another distraction.

CraigH

Some railroad stuff
More random stuff that strikes me!

[Profile] [Quote]
Wikipedia & Universe
Post subject: Re: BuildingsPosted: March 31st, 2014, 8:35 pm
eswube wrote:
I like it - both the drawing and whole idea of Buildingbucket! :)
I have one concern, though - are You sure about the height - and the scale bar on the left? Between 100m and 150m mark there are 70 meters, plus the whole building ends rather around 230 meter mark (and taking into account that 70 meters between 100-150, rather around 250m).
Thanks! The scale inconsistency is probably a labeling error from when I rotated a horizontal scale to make it. I'll fix it when I'm on a real computer again. Thanks for pointing it out.

[Profile] [Quote]
Wikipedia & Universe
Post subject: Re: BuildingsPosted: April 7th, 2014, 8:30 am
Apparently I used the wrong size scale. I've fixed it now. I'm thinking of creating a new Buildingbucket thread and linking to this one as a sort of "prototype" for Buildingbucket, seeing as I'm not the OP of this thread.

Before I do, however, I'd like to get some more feedback. What do people think of the rules I've posted? Are there any good ideas I missed that don't fall under one of the current guidelines? What about the template? What information should the standard name/title template contain? Any other questions, comments, concerns, or suggestions?

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: BuildingsPosted: April 7th, 2014, 6:17 pm
To me the rules sound generally common sense and reasonably natural extension of basic SB rules.
As for the template, I think that shipbucket logo in the lower-right corner should be always present, and personally I'd suggest to locate the buildings not on the bottom edge of template (like You did with skyscraper), but with some margin (as is the case with "main types" of drawings here), just with some black "ground line".

[Profile] [Quote]
Wikipedia & Universe
Post subject: Re: BuildingsPosted: April 8th, 2014, 6:18 am
eswube wrote:
To me the rules sound generally common sense and reasonably natural extension of basic SB rules.
As for the template, I think that shipbucket logo in the lower-right corner should be always present, and personally I'd suggest to locate the buildings not on the bottom edge of template (like You did with skyscraper), but with some margin (as is the case with "main types" of drawings here), just with some black "ground line".
I have edited the drawing so that it is 20 pixels above the edge, with the Shipbucket URL at the same height as the black ground line. I will upload the edited drawing, and it will serve as the first example. Thank you for your feedback.

EDIT: Here it is!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 2  [ 16 posts ]  Return to “Non-Shipbucket Drawings” | Go to page « 1 2

Jump to: