Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ] 
BCRenown
Post subject: Very Nice Drawings by 'Steam Power 1'Posted: June 24th, 2014, 12:24 pm
Since Mike is having difficulty uploading images, he has asked me to do it for him. He takes us back to the pre-dreadnought era or thereabouts with some fine renderings of early and interesting Italian and Japanese cruisers. In spite of his lack of good source info, Mike has managed to pull it off in fine style indeed:

[ img ]

[ img ]

And, my personal favourite;
[ img ]

Monty

[Profile] [Quote]
Steam Power1
Post subject: Re: Very Nice Drawings by 'Steam Power 1'Posted: June 24th, 2014, 7:10 pm
BCRenown-

Thanks for the help !! Especially thanks for the comments. Greatly valued as they come from the "Master"

[Profile] [Quote]
KHT
Post subject: Re: Very Nice Drawings by 'Steam Power 1'Posted: June 24th, 2014, 7:15 pm
Wow. Looking really great. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Very Nice Drawings by 'Steam Power 1'Posted: June 25th, 2014, 7:27 am
Really nice looking ships! :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Shipright
Post subject: Re: Very Nice Drawings by 'Steam Power 1'Posted: June 25th, 2014, 2:31 pm
I really like these, good work!

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Very Nice Drawings by 'Steam Power 1'Posted: June 28th, 2014, 9:11 am
Excellent work, these look really great (and they are not that far from true SB style either).

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
denodon
Post subject: Re: Very Nice Drawings by 'Steam Power 1'Posted: June 29th, 2014, 9:42 am
Very nice. The Regina Elena in particular is something I've been looking at a while now

[Profile] [Quote]
Steam Power1
Post subject: Re: Very Nice Drawings by 'Steam Power 1'Posted: July 1st, 2014, 9:18 pm
Thanks for the comments. I like the old Armoured Cruisers (my Grandfather served on the USS Pueblo(Colorado) in WW1 and I have a few old photos I've carefully saved.

Unfortunately there isn't much info on them, even the books by Freidman & Alden have only a few drawings of the US ships. I've only seen one drawing of Regina Elena by Breyer in an old Preston book. There are some drawings of San Giorgoio and it's half sister the Averoff but I found only photos of the others. Sometimes those didn't help because they were misidentified or had the wrong dates. Something of a puzzle.

Freidman has a recent book on RN Crusiers of the Victorian Era with some good line drawings but not few many of modifications.

Also, need to thank BC Renown for his help posting these. It was his work that made me start to use shading.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]  Return to “Non-Shipbucket Drawings”

Jump to: