Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 »
EUH Lord619
Post subject: The Future of German FirearmsPosted: August 11th, 2015, 1:10 am
Dated at 2040, Germany (AU) is one of the largest firearms manufacturers and one of the greatest science phenomenons beside the U.S. The country's LaserKraftPistole (Laser Force Gun) program has many prototypes including this one below. Please share your designs of futuristic pulse laser guns.
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
EUH Lord619
Post subject: Re: The Future of German FirearmsPosted: August 11th, 2015, 1:13 am
Achtung! Sehr tödlich Gerät!

[Profile] [Quote]
MihoshiK
Post subject: Re: The Future of German FirearmsPosted: August 11th, 2015, 12:47 pm
You might want to make that sig picture a bit smaller mate...

[Profile] [Quote]
EUH Lord619
Post subject: Re: The Future of German FirearmsPosted: August 11th, 2015, 6:29 pm
Apoligies. It does seem ridiculous.

[Profile] [Quote]
EUH Lord619
Post subject: Re: The Future of German FirearmsPosted: October 25th, 2015, 4:29 am
Here is what may be the future of German soldiers.
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
iiradned
Post subject: Re: The Future of German FirearmsPosted: October 28th, 2015, 10:29 am
The Bundeswehr is currently looking for a replacement for the H&K G36 as discovered in Afghanistan that prolonged full auto fire softens the polymer receivers, particularly where it attaches to the barrel, that is causes misalignment of said barrel.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: The Future of German FirearmsPosted: October 28th, 2015, 10:49 am
Which has since been dis-proven as slander from the German defence ministry by yet another commission into investigating the rifle.

[Profile] [Quote]
Obsydian Shade
Post subject: Re: The Future of German FirearmsPosted: October 28th, 2015, 3:45 pm
From the sounds of it, the G36 is dead in German service, though any real replacement is probably going to be delayed until the 2020s, so don't know what's going to happen there. I'm guessing for political reasons, it'll likely be another HK product, (416/17?) though I'd love to see them get something else, maybe in the SSG-55x series of weapons, though consensus is that those are considered too heavy, and probably too complex. (As one wit on Tanknet put it, "A rare example of something (anything) being simultaneously too Swiss *and* Russian at the same time!)

Myself, I don't trust H&K.

If it's close enough to cast a shadow, I think the flying house wins initiative.

Bronies are like the Forsworn. Everyone agrees that they are a problem but nobody wants to expend the energy rooting them out.

"That is a very graphic analogy which aids understanding wonderfully while being, strictly speaking, wrong in every possible way."

[Profile] [Quote]
Judah14
Post subject: Re: The Future of German FirearmsPosted: October 28th, 2015, 4:22 pm
Well Patriot Ordnance Factory had one of their guns (P308FA) shoot 68000+ rounds without the barrel needing replacement or losing significant accuracy. This is due to the nitride heat-treated fluted barrel, heat sink barrel nut and gas piston system that POF uses. A HK417 or even an AK will be hard-pressed to deliver this kind of reliability.
Though of course, politics will come in and will dictate the purchase of a German-made rifle.

[Profile] [Quote]
JSB
Post subject: Re: The Future of German FirearmsPosted: October 28th, 2015, 5:01 pm
Regarding the G36,

Is the problem that its a bad rifle/dishonesty or just that the requirements have changed ?

The requirement for a rife for the CW in Germany fired by conscripts at the short start of a nuclear war v Afghanistan with small professional force over a long deployment ?

For 1 a rifle that can melt and becomes less accurate if used in high temps and long firefights, but is lighter and cheaper might well be the better solution than an ideal super rifle ?

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Return to “Non-Shipbucket Drawings” | Go to page 1 2 »

Jump to: