Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 4 of 7  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »
primer
Post subject: Re: New (more realistic) Dutch Navy AUPosted: August 6th, 2010, 8:59 pm
dc1 wrote:
What´s that gun on the bow? It looks like a MBT-gun with too small turret.. You might not get enough elevation or space for a autoloader...
How about you read the specs to find out what kind of gun it is?

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: New (more realistic) Dutch Navy AUPosted: August 6th, 2010, 9:07 pm
This just looks like it has too much sheer to the bow, something "off" to it if you know what I mean. :S

[Profile] [Quote]
primer
Post subject: Re: New (more realistic) Dutch Navy AUPosted: August 6th, 2010, 9:15 pm
Colosseum wrote:
This just looks like it has too much sheer to the bow, something "off" to it if you know what I mean. :S
What do you mean by sheer, English isn't my first language and I don't know what you mean. Do you mean it's too pointy that the angle is too big?

[Profile] [Quote]
dc1
Post subject: Re: New (more realistic) Dutch Navy AUPosted: August 6th, 2010, 9:31 pm
primer wrote:
dc1 wrote:
What´s that gun on the bow? It looks like a MBT-gun with too small turret.. You might not get enough elevation or space for a autoloader...
How about you read the specs to find out what kind of gun it is?
Yes I have read them now, and it´s a dual-purpose 127 mm gun. But it seems very cramped to be dual-purpose. I would prefer it to elevate higher, and have more space inside for both the gun and maintenance. It really suck to try do repairs if you cant hardly move and turn inside the turret. Especially in hight seas...

Otherwise you´ve made really nice ships. Keep on...

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: New (more realistic) Dutch Navy AUPosted: August 6th, 2010, 10:20 pm
primer wrote:
Colosseum wrote:
What do you mean by sheer, English isn't my first language and I don't know what you mean. Do you mean it's too pointy that the angle is too big?
It's fine, it means the bow is too pointy. I think. :P

[Profile] [Quote]
primer
Post subject: Re: New (more realistic) Dutch Navy AUPosted: August 7th, 2010, 2:56 pm
Colosseum wrote:
primer wrote:
Colosseum wrote:
It's fine, it means the bow is too pointy. I think. :P
Yeah I know it's pretty pointy but I just love that look. It's a design compromise for aesthetics.

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: New (more realistic) Dutch Navy AUPosted: August 9th, 2010, 8:58 am
sheer is vrijboord IIRC

[Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: New (more realistic) Dutch Navy AUPosted: August 9th, 2010, 10:58 am
No it's not, vrijboord means freeboard.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
primer
Post subject: Re: New (more realistic) Dutch Navy AUPosted: August 9th, 2010, 7:27 pm
The beginnings of the Amsterdam class guided missile cruiser, C835 Hr.Ms. Amsterdam.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
primer
Post subject: Re: New (more realistic) Dutch Navy AUPosted: August 13th, 2010, 6:01 am
Finished, specs will be posted later.

[ img ]
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 4 of 7  [ 68 posts ]  Return to “Non-Shipbucket Drawings” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »

Jump to: