Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 7  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 57 »
primer
Post subject: New (more realistic) Dutch Navy AUPosted: August 3rd, 2010, 5:25 pm
Hey all, I've been wanting to make a more realistic Dutch AU, this one has no carriers or battleships, etc.

The back story to this AU has a point of divergence from our timeline in the late 80's.

The USSR didn't fall apart but succeeded into developing it's economy into what resembles the Chinese economy. The USSR is now in AU 2010 a strong first world power, which is arming itself more and more now that the chaotic years of the 90's where they converted to a more capitalist system are behind them. The USSR has just resumed patrolling into NATO airspace with strategic bombers and reconnaissance planes and the cold war seems to be in full swing again with the Russians spouting more and more anti west rhetoric. NATO reconnaissance is showing a slow but steady build up in combat power in Eastern Europe.
NATO is matching this build up and the Dutch have been arming them self for what it seems is imminent war. This thread will focus on the Royal Netherlands Navy but here is a overview of Dutch forces as of AU 2010:
Airforce:
72 EF-2000 Multirole fighters (more powerful than our version, no corners cut).
108 F-35A Fighter bombers (pretty much the same as our version but in service in 2008).
4 KDC-10 Tankers.
4 C130H Transports.
2 A400M Transports.
48 AH-64D Longbow Attack Helicopters.
48 NH-90 Medium Transport Helicopters.
24 CH-46F Heavy Transport Helicopters.
Patriot PAC4
NASAMS II
Army:
2 Panzer infantry Divisions.
1 Air Mobile/Light infantry Division.
Main equipment: Leopard 3A2 MBT, CV90-35 IFV, Boxer APC, PHZ2000 Howitzers, M270 Multiple Launch Rocket System.
Marines:
3 Light infantry battalions.
1 Panzer infantry battalion.
Navy:
4 Wilhelmina class LPD's
12 Karel Doorman class DD's (3 subclasses, AAW, ASW and MP, 4 of each)
8 De Zeven Provinciën class FF's
4 Johan de Witt class LCS's
6 Witte haai class SSK's.
Various support ships.
42 NH90 Medium/ASW
The task of the Royal Netherlands Navy in times of war is to together with Great Britain, Norway and Germany keep open the North Sea and the Northern Atlantic so the USN can safely bring in reinforcements and supplies from the US. It's secondary but very important role is to together with the British transport the Royal Netherlands Marines and the Royal Marines to NATO's Northern flank in defence of Norway.

In my next posts I will post the ships of the Royal Netherlands Navy.

Main ships of the fleet:
[ img ]
Pictured are the LCS, FF, DD(ASW) and the LPD.

[Profile] [Quote]
didibii
Post subject: Re: New (more realistic) Dutch Navy AUPosted: August 3rd, 2010, 7:12 pm
Wow your very good at this 3D ship thing.

2.Mary celeste (All most done 40% completed)
4.German CV europa (dont know if i should do it)

[ img ]
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Vossiej
Post subject: Re: New (more realistic) Dutch Navy AUPosted: August 3rd, 2010, 7:50 pm
Dude awesome! :D Especially realistic becouse of the 3D images!

[Profile] [Quote]
primer
Post subject: Re: New (more realistic) Dutch Navy AUPosted: August 3rd, 2010, 8:15 pm
[ img ]
Type:
Amphibious Assault Ship.
Build: 4
Displacement:
18000 tonnes.
Length:
182m.
Beam:
31m.
Draught:
7.6m.
Propulsion:
2x pods with 2 screws per pod (electrically driven).
4x Stork Wartsila 12SW28 diesel generators at 14.6 MW
4x Holec electric motor (two in tandem per shaft) at 12 MW
Speed:
19kn.
Complement:
Capacity:
180 armoured personnel carriers or 35 main battle tanks
Troops:
700 marines
Endurance: 6 weeks
Sensors and processing systems:
1x SMART-L Volume air/surface search radar. DA08 air / surface search IRSCAN
Electronic warfare and decoys:
1x Sabre ECM suite.
4x SRBOC Mk.36 launcher.
1x AN/SLQ-25 Nixie torpedo decoy.
Armament:
2x RAM CIWS
4x 30mm cannon, remotely operated.
8x M2 .50 HMG, manually operated.
Boats and landing craft carried:
1x RHIB.
4x LCVP
4x LCU
Aviation facilities:
Hangar and flight deck for 6 medium or 4 heavy helicopters.

Last edited by primer on August 3rd, 2010, 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: New (more realistic) Dutch Navy AUPosted: August 3rd, 2010, 8:18 pm
if you need it... I will start drawing the zeven provincien class and afther that the OPV soon.... you work with 'real world' scales too??

[Profile] [Quote]
primer
Post subject: Re: New (more realistic) Dutch Navy AUPosted: August 3rd, 2010, 8:31 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
if you need it... I will start drawing the zeven provincien class and afther that the OPV soon.... you work with 'real world' scales too??
Just proceed on them when you want, no pressure from me. What do you mean with real world scales?

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: New (more realistic) Dutch Navy AUPosted: August 3rd, 2010, 8:35 pm
I don't have enough time to pressure myself ;) so don't worry. with real world scales I mean when I say 1 meter in an 3d model, that is really 1 meter, and not something in scale with the real world.... that way, all my models can work with each other without scaling them, but other modellers sometimes don't like the larger file sizes of that scale

[Profile] [Quote]
primer
Post subject: Re: New (more realistic) Dutch Navy AUPosted: August 3rd, 2010, 8:38 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
I don't have enough time to pressure myself ;) so don't worry. with real world scales I mean when I say 1 meter in an 3d model, that is really 1 meter, and not something in scale with the real world.... that way, all my models can work with each other without scaling them, but other modellers sometimes don't like the larger file sizes of that scale
Yeah, I use real world scales on my models. When I measure the LPD it says 182m in SketchUp so it's true scale.

[Profile] [Quote]
MC Spoilt B'stard
Post subject: Re: New (more realistic) Dutch Navy AUPosted: August 3rd, 2010, 8:44 pm
WOW just love that LPD:D exept for the CIWS but its cool. ( prefered Goalkeeper over RAM).

Love to see those Zeven Provincien & Holland.
Maybe also a modernised M frigate?

------
Caption signing treaty with England by Johan de Witt

[Working List]
None

[Profile] [Quote]
primer
Post subject: Re: New (more realistic) Dutch Navy AUPosted: August 3rd, 2010, 8:52 pm
MC Spoilt B'stard wrote:
WOW just love that LPD:D exept for the CIWS but its cool. ( prefered Goalkeeper over RAM).

Love to see those Zeven Provincien & Holland.
Maybe also a modernised M frigate?
Thanks,

You already saw the Zeven Provincien, it's the frigate in the fleet picture and there is no Holland class in this AU. the LCS is the camouflaged ship closest to the camera in the picture. ;)

I don't think I'll do a M class, I've never build a real design before if I'd build a new design I'd start with something easier.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 7  [ 68 posts ]  Return to “Non-Shipbucket Drawings” | Go to page 1 2 3 4 57 »

Jump to: