Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 11 of 12  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page « 18 9 10 11 12 »
eswube
Post subject: Re: HDMS Tordenskjold Type 14E frigate R/C modelPosted: July 20th, 2020, 10:14 pm
Awesome! Thanks for sharing!

[Profile] [Quote]
NickD
Post subject: Re: HDMS Tordenskjold Type 14E frigate R/C modelPosted: July 21st, 2020, 10:13 pm
Thank You! I am invited to participate in exhibition at the end of August, in "work in progress" section, so i will try to finish as much as possible of the details of the foredeck and forecastle areas, the printed details are underway and will arrive at the end of this month. So i hope i can share a significant progress soon.
Unfortunately i will be unable to finish the last paper parts - the radar room with the main mast, there is some progress on the models, but much more designing still needed.

These parts are underway.
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

The radar room - wooden rails and floor grates are ready. Grates already printed (can be seen on the renders above), but the room itself - still not.
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: HDMS Tordenskjold Type 14E frigate R/C modelPosted: August 1st, 2020, 9:33 am
Lovely to see this progressing into the detailed stage now, looking great.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
NickD
Post subject: Re: HDMS Tordenskjold Type 14E frigate R/C modelPosted: August 14th, 2020, 9:10 pm
The model now starting to take a shape. All superstructures are fixed at their places now and some details are added. I am invited to the exhibition in section "Work in progress", but after that I am completely ready for water tests. The main goal after that will be making the radar room and the main mast - the last paper parts annoy me :)
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Krakatoa
Post subject: Re: HDMS Tordenskjold Type 14E frigate R/C modelPosted: August 15th, 2020, 2:01 am
What a pleasure it is to watch this model of yours progress through all the various stages of construction.

I also have thoughts for your family who have had to live with your creation, which is of no small size.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: HDMS Tordenskjold Type 14E frigate R/C modelPosted: August 15th, 2020, 9:05 am
Wow! That model is just amazing (more and more) and being able to watch the construction progressing is a pleasure indeed.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: HDMS Tordenskjold Type 14E frigate R/C modelPosted: August 15th, 2020, 9:58 am
Looking excellent, its been amazing to see how this has progressed, looks nearly complete, the day she takes to the water you will be a happy man!

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
NickD
Post subject: Re: HDMS Tordenskjold Type 14E frigate R/C modelPosted: August 15th, 2020, 4:09 pm
Thank You very much for the kind words!
Definitely i will be very happy to see the model on the water! I hope this will be soon, maybe at the beginning of the September.
I still have a lot of details to do, but most of the work is done.
The only time i can use to work is between 3-6PM at the weekends, while the kid takes a nap. This is why i needed 3 years to go to this stage... :)

A video of R/C functionality. Radar still offline, but i need to finish the main mast.
https://www.facebook.com/TYPE14E.FRIGAT ... 022897133/

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: HDMS Tordenskjold Type 14E frigate R/C modelPosted: August 16th, 2020, 9:33 am
Thanks for sharing the clip.
I guess then, that for next project You'll need to start with getting a bigger house, with a spare room just for workshop. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
NickD
Post subject: Re: HDMS Tordenskjold Type 14E frigate R/C modelPosted: August 16th, 2020, 12:12 pm
Hehe, yes! I transform the the basement in the workshop, but this is the maximum size of the model. Also no spare place for ready models :)
Still have other interesting plans.

[ img ]

The model is in the exhibition now - but, some details removed, because they are not glued yet for technological reasons.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 11 of 12  [ 112 posts ]  Return to “Non-Shipbucket Drawings” | Go to page « 18 9 10 11 12 »

Jump to: