Moderator: Community Manager
[Locked] [*]  Page 29 of 41  [ 401 posts ]  Go to page « 127 28 29 30 3141 »
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: Coat of Arms for navy vesselsPosted: March 9th, 2012, 1:52 pm
Well done :!: Do you do the new version too?
[ img ]
:?: BTW, wasn't the pennant number D84?

All relevant Coat of Arms

[Profile]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Coat of Arms for navy vesselsPosted: March 9th, 2012, 11:10 pm
KimWerner wrote:
Well done :!: Do you do the new version too?
[ img ]
:?: BTW, wasn't the pennant number D84?
That full one was intended for the HMAS AUSTRALIA (III), which we never bought. It will be used for the future ships called AUSTRALIA. Yes it was 84, I had it round the wrong way :lol: that's the Sydney instead.

[ img ]
HMAS HOBART (I)

[ img ]
the real D48, HMAS SYDNEY (II)

(I'll clean up the "D" but I think I'm beginning to warm to the task of writing the text)

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Coat of Arms for navy vesselsPosted: March 9th, 2012, 11:12 pm
I take but I surrender? Isn't that exactly the opposite message you want?

[Profile]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Coat of Arms for navy vesselsPosted: March 9th, 2012, 11:15 pm
klagldsf wrote:
I take but I surrender? Isn't that exactly the opposite message you want?
I know, its a bit odd, but very true when it came to her mortal battle with the Kormoran

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: Coat of Arms for navy vesselsPosted: March 10th, 2012, 1:12 pm
Rodondo wrote:
That full one was intended for the HMAS AUSTRALIA (III), which we never bought. It will be used for the future ships called AUSTRALIA. Yes it was 84, I had it round the wrong way :lol: that's the Sydney instead.
It's a real pleasure for me that you're encouraged to do the RAN justice with the badge making. Being an "aussie" you may have better sources than me but I wonder why the RAN on their official homepage over historic ships shows the full CoA for HMAS Australia (II)? The reason I ask is that it then will be hard for others to do the right badges for the older RAN vessels :(

[Profile]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Coat of Arms for navy vesselsPosted: March 12th, 2012, 8:47 am
KimWerner wrote:
It's a real pleasure for me that you're encouraged to do the RAN justice with the badge making. Being an "aussie" you may have better sources than me but I wonder why the RAN on their official homepage over historic ships shows the full CoA for HMAS Australia (II)? The reason I ask is that it then will be hard for others to do the right badges for the older RAN vessels :(
I divulge that almost all of my references come from the RAN history site but I do some reading into the badges from other sites before coming to a conclusion. I am slightly concerned as well thought they show the much different CoA on the Australia(I)'s tampions. Most are correct (except and Australia & Huon I think) so it is a relatively credible source.

My one ask is, the RAN category is now is the second largest category (after Germany) without a separate page, I suppose we'll get a separate page sonnish?

[Profile]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: Coat of Arms for navy vesselsPosted: March 12th, 2012, 4:14 pm
Rodondo wrote:
My one ask is, the RAN category is now is the second largest category (after Germany) without a separate page, I suppose we'll get a separate page sonnish?
As I wrote on page 21, when a nation reach approximately 10 badges I then will create a nation thread. The reason I haven't done that for Germany yet is I haven't had the time to get enough in their badge history and also is considering if I should let the badges of Deutsche Kriegsmarine in a seperate thread of political reasons ;)

[Profile]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Coat of Arms for navy vesselsPosted: March 12th, 2012, 9:47 pm
Ah, I see. I do apologize for not researching that!

[Profile]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: Coat of Arms for navy vesselsPosted: March 12th, 2012, 10:12 pm
Rodondo wrote:
:D Don't apologize, just draw some damn fine australian badges :D :D :D :D
BTW, to show you, that I'm preparing the Australian thread, here is the RAN badge
[ img ]

[Profile]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Coat of Arms for navy vesselsPosted: March 12th, 2012, 10:26 pm
KimWerner wrote:
Rodondo wrote:
:D Don't apologize, just draw some damn fine australian badges :D :D :D :D
BTW, to show you, that I'm preparing the Australian thread, here is the RAN badge
Will do happily :D

I very much like you work on the RAN badge, hopefully it will bring in more artists to help!

Post 1000!

[Profile]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Locked]  Page 29 of 41  [ 401 posts ]  Return to “Coats of Arms and Ship's Badges” | Go to page « 127 28 29 30 3141 »

Jump to: