Moderator: Community Manager
[Locked] [*]  Page 28 of 41  [ 401 posts ]  Go to page « 126 27 28 29 3041 »
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: Coat of Arms for navy vesselsPosted: February 29th, 2012, 3:42 pm
Now the next australian badge: HMAS Supply :D
[ img ]

All relevant Coat of Arms

[Profile]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Coat of Arms for navy vesselsPosted: February 29th, 2012, 5:21 pm
Bonza, Beaut, and Cute :D Now I just have to get on with drawing, thanks Kim :)

[Profile]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Coat of Arms for navy vesselsPosted: February 29th, 2012, 9:51 pm
I hope, Kim, that we don't do the same RAN badges! :lol:

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: Coat of Arms for navy vesselsPosted: February 29th, 2012, 10:08 pm
Rodondo wrote:
I hope, Kim, that we don't do the same RAN badges! :lol:
Don't worry mate ;) For the time being I haven't further RAN badges on my to do list. It's time to concentrate my efforts in a ship drawing. Then you got the time to get your badges marvellous, which I think you'll do :!: :D

[Profile]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Coat of Arms for navy vesselsPosted: February 29th, 2012, 10:27 pm
KimWerner wrote:
Don't worry mate ;) For the time being I haven't further RAN badges on my to do list. It's time to concentrate my efforts in a ship drawing. Then you got the time to get your badges marvellous, which I think you'll do :!: :D
Well, I'll very much look forwards to those ships. ;) I'll endeavor to do my best with the badges

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile]
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: Coat of Arms for navy vesselsPosted: February 29th, 2012, 10:29 pm
Glorious badge for Supply Kim.

[Profile]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Coat of Arms for navy vesselsPosted: March 2nd, 2012, 11:55 pm
[ img ]
HMAS SYDNEY(I)

[Profile]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: Coat of Arms for navy vesselsPosted: March 3rd, 2012, 12:08 am
:D That's an interesting one (and well drawn!). IIRC it's the first official badge. But there has been at least three more after that with the crowned anchor as general motive. Am I correct?

[Profile]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Coat of Arms for navy vesselsPosted: March 3rd, 2012, 12:14 am
Thanks Kim! Yes it is the first of the four, soon to be fifth by the decades end. The Sydneys have always had the crowned anchor, something I first noticed when I saw images of the Sydney's (II) lifeboat on the seafloor, I finally found out where you got the frame! Anyway the only unique crest shape(HMAS STUART) will be up sometime next week alongside the re-sized Balikpans

[Profile]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Coat of Arms for navy vesselsPosted: March 9th, 2012, 1:39 am
[ img ]
HMAS AUSTRALIA (D48) (1927)
This is the actual badge, which lacked the title, motto other motifs

Stuart is proving difficult with its crown and shape but I'll have another crack at it soon

[Profile]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Locked]  Page 28 of 41  [ 401 posts ]  Return to “Coats of Arms and Ship's Badges” | Go to page « 126 27 28 29 3041 »

Jump to: