Moderator: Community Manager
[Locked] [*]  Page 24 of 41  [ 401 posts ]  Go to page « 122 23 24 25 2641 »
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: Coat of Arms for navy vesselsPosted: January 20th, 2012, 10:17 pm
For my indian Leopard Class vessels I've done the badge for INS Beas. I have to apologize because I've promised the next one to come should have been for INS Vindhyagiri, but it is on the way ;)
[ img ]

All relevant Coat of Arms

[Profile]
Clonecommander6454
Post subject: Re: Coat of Arms for navy vesselsPosted: January 27th, 2012, 1:33 pm
Not sure where I should be posting this, but these are the Coat of Arms for ships in PLA Navy
http://bbs.tiexue.net/post_4537654_1.html

[Profile]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: Coat of Arms for navy vesselsPosted: January 27th, 2012, 6:40 pm
Fine link. I'll hope you (and other mates) will give the chinese badge a try. To remove any doubt; the chinese badge shall be posted here :D

[Profile]
Psilander
Post subject: Re: Coat of Arms for navy vesselsPosted: January 28th, 2012, 11:07 am
bezobrazov wrote:
Here's the true badges for HMSs Tre Kronor and Göta Lejon (1947-64 and 1947-71 respectively; the latter serving from 1971-84 as CNS Almirante Latorre, scrapped in 1987, Taiwan):

[ img ]
Well, the CoA are "heradlicly" correct but not drawn in the style used by the Royal Swedish navy - the shield should be more square like and the royal crown should go to the edges to the shields. The Crowns on the Tre Kronor should be the same as in the small national coat of arms for Sweden (lilla Riksvapnet). The Göta Lejon should also carrie the motto "Me Nemo impune lacesset" and the Alimarante Lattore has another type of crown - a sail crown instead of the royal Swedish crown.

Worklist
All Royal Swedish Navy units from 1522 to present

[Profile]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: Coat of Arms for navy vesselsPosted: January 28th, 2012, 9:27 pm
Psilander you're right and though not. I've been into "Riksarkivet" official homepage and found both yours type of badge and Bezobrazovs type of badge
Two examples:

[Profile]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: Coat of Arms for navy vesselsPosted: February 3rd, 2012, 9:19 pm
I have given the Indian Navy an independent thread. Link: http://shipbucket.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=2564

[Profile]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Coat of Arms for navy vesselsPosted: February 6th, 2012, 10:33 am
Just a question for Kim W. and the experts on this, How does one do the curved writing title and motto? As I cannot get it to look quite right

So this is what I have so far for the HMVS Cerberus, just 1 head to finish of and another to start on, the left foreleg is going to have some work done on it to bring the elbow out (Yes I had to watch my dogs for a while to figure out the leg shape in action!) And the mentioned title and motto

[ img ]

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: Coat of Arms for navy vesselsPosted: February 6th, 2012, 3:57 pm
Rodondo wrote:
Just a question for Kim W. and the experts on this, How does one do the curved writing title and motto? As I cannot get it to look quite right
Hmmm... that's a really good question. In some text and drawing programmes you can mark your text and give it the curve you wish. But they are anti-aliased (in these programmes I know of) so the only way I know of untill now is the hard way. Drawing each letter :?
I think I'm being a little better now, but this part of badge-drawing is the part I hate :roll:
Unless you run into a text-curving program which can satisfy the SB-standard, you have to do like me :!: BTW, your badge looking very promising. I'll look forward to your succeeding with the text ;)

[Profile]
adenandy
Post subject: Re: Coat of Arms for navy vesselsPosted: February 7th, 2012, 11:12 pm
I’m not sure if this is the right thread to post this in, but I submit for your consideration the Coat of Arms for the British Merchant Navy.

Kind regards,

Andy

[Profile]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: Coat of Arms for navy vesselsPosted: February 8th, 2012, 6:48 pm
That's a very handsome crest and you've put it in the right forum though it isn't a badge for a single ship. Am I right that the vessels in the Royal Merchant Navy fly the red ensign? ;)

[Profile]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Locked]  Page 24 of 41  [ 401 posts ]  Return to “Coats of Arms and Ship's Badges” | Go to page « 122 23 24 25 2641 »

Jump to: