Moderator: Community Manager
[Locked] [*]  Page 37 of 41  [ 401 posts ]  Go to page « 135 36 37 38 3941 »
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Coat of Arms for navy vesselsPosted: August 2nd, 2012, 5:26 am
This is maybe not the right place to put out a question, but I'll do it anyway: Does anybody have a decent picture of the crest (or badge) of the 1937-vintage Italian light cruiser Luigi di Savoia Duca degli Abruzzi?

[Profile]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: Coat of Arms for navy vesselsPosted: August 2nd, 2012, 9:11 pm
bezobrazov wrote:
This is maybe not the right place to put out a question, but I'll do it anyway: Does anybody have a decent picture of the crest (or badge) of the 1937-vintage Italian light cruiser Luigi di Savoia Duca degli Abruzzi?
Sure it is ;) It seems very hard to find any badges for Regia Marina vessels, but I've found this and according to the text (the right one in the photo) it belongs to Luigi di Savoia Duca degli Abruzzi. But I couldn't get it confirmed if it was the official crest :?
[ img ]

All relevant Coat of Arms

[Profile]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Coat of Arms for navy vesselsPosted: August 2nd, 2012, 9:48 pm
Thank you Kim! I knew I could rely on you! It sure looks like an official badge to me. Now, would you, by any chance, have some spare time to draw this for me, since you're so superbly qualified with this kind of tricky work? (I know, I tried to butter it up...did I succeed?? 8-) ;) :D )

[Profile]
Radome
Post subject: Re: Coat of Arms for navy vesselsPosted: August 2nd, 2012, 10:12 pm
Same thing as Kims image only better quality.
Look like a medal though...
[ img ]

[Profile]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Coat of Arms for navy vesselsPosted: August 3rd, 2012, 2:37 am
This raises I question I have Kim, if the badge is in Pewter or painted grey/black metal, is the badge done in the same color or is it done in the same manner of the Suffren?

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Coat of Arms for navy vesselsPosted: August 3rd, 2012, 2:40 am
It should be done the same way as, say, Audace's, Ardito's, Andrea Doria's or Caio Duilio's, that is golden bronzed.

[Profile]
Caddaric79
Post subject: Re: Coat of Arms for navy vesselsPosted: September 11th, 2012, 8:21 pm
I think the Duquesne's CoA is for 1924 cruiser. The 1970 frigate one is slightly different.
[ img ][ img ]

[Profile]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: Coat of Arms for navy vesselsPosted: September 11th, 2012, 8:53 pm
Caddaric you might have a point here, but do you have the possibility to find out, if the badge with "fregate - duquesne" is the one official or just a variant? The reason why I ask is I've often found different variants of badges for same ship (USN, RN and all other navies) and then I decide the one I think is most right ;)

[Profile]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: Coat of Arms for navy vesselsPosted: September 11th, 2012, 8:57 pm
bezobrazov wrote:
Thank you Kim! I knew I could rely on you! It sure looks like an official badge to me. Now, would you, by any chance, have some spare time to draw this for me, since you're so superbly qualified with this kind of tricky work? (I know, I tried to butter it up...did I succeed?? 8-) ;) :D )
Sorry Bezo, I haven't commented this. Yes, I will do it, but only if you or some one else can tell which of the sides showing the badge :!:

[Profile]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: Coat of Arms for navy vesselsPosted: September 22nd, 2012, 1:06 pm
At last we got Russia represented :D I've made a matrix, and ALVAMA made the first badge (RFS Admiral Kuznetsov) and I've made the next (RFS Admiral Chabanenko). Enjoy
[ img ][ img ][ img ]

[Profile]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Locked]  Page 37 of 41  [ 401 posts ]  Return to “Coats of Arms and Ship's Badges” | Go to page « 135 36 37 38 3941 »

Jump to: