Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 44 of 49  [ 489 posts ]  Go to page « 142 43 44 45 4649 »
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of Great BritainPosted: October 25th, 2014, 7:32 pm
Thanks :D Regarding the proposed badge for HMS Emerald I think it was abandoned of political reasons. I've just read a little of the Irish history in the twenties. With the rebellion and the starting process for the independent Irish Free State (1947 The Irish Republic) I figure it would have been political sensitive giving a Royal Navy vessel a badge with a clearly Irish motive. No doubt that the namegiving Emerald was intended to be a cadeau to the green island. I'm not sure, but I think it was Queen Victoria who called Ireland her emerald in the empire.
My conclusion is, that Novice's badge was the original, but it never came in use ;)

All relevant Coat of Arms

[Profile] [Quote]
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of Great BritainPosted: October 25th, 2014, 7:37 pm
There was nothing on the Admiralty badge CD only Kims official badge dated 14th March 1923. It was not unknown at the time for ships companie's to design thier own if they didn't like the official one. :geek:

[Profile] [Quote]
Sv_taylor
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of Great BritainPosted: January 8th, 2015, 1:08 am
Hi

Firstly apologies if I am posting in the wrong section. I stumbled on the site whilst trying to find information on HMS Repulse and if Repulse ever had an unofficial badge of three feathers in a crown. It had an unofficial eagle that was used most of the time and an official castle that isn't much seen but in the 1920's or before did it have the feathers badge. I'm hoping that someone with the special book or CD maybe able to help. Possibly the feathers we're used on the pre-dreadnought ship? Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks

[Profile] [Quote]
adenandy
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of Great BritainPosted: January 8th, 2015, 10:19 am
Sv_taylor wrote:
Hi

Firstly apologies if I am posting in the wrong section. I stumbled on the site whilst trying to find information on HMS Repulse and if Repulse ever had an unofficial badge of three feathers in a crown. It had an unofficial eagle that was used most of the time and an official castle that isn't much seen but in the 1920's or before did it have the feathers badge. I'm hoping that someone with the special book or CD maybe able to help. Possibly the feathers we're used on the pre-dreadnought ship? Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks
Firstly Hi there and welcome to ShipBucket :D

Kim and Bombhead are the resident experts on ships badges, but it sounds to me as if you are describing the badge to HMS Black Prince.

(See viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2476 )

Hope this helps

[Profile] [Quote]
Krakatoa
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of Great BritainPosted: January 8th, 2015, 10:51 am
While Major host is down,

I used the COA for Black Prince on a battlecruiser here - viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5800

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of Great BritainPosted: January 8th, 2015, 2:12 pm
That's the wrong CoA for your Black Prince. It's only valid for my Black Prince (ACR) of 1904! I'm sure Kim will elaborate why this is so...

[Profile] [Quote]
JSB
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of Great BritainPosted: January 8th, 2015, 2:35 pm
Well its not in a nice border for one ?

ADD Sorry should read that a pre 20s is wanted rather than a post 20 with border :oops:

Last edited by JSB on January 8th, 2015, 6:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of Great BritainPosted: January 8th, 2015, 2:39 pm
There's a real post-1921 CoA for the CLAA Black Prince, but I doubt anyone has drawn it yet... - That was my hint...the CoA drawn by Kim for my Black Prince effectively ceased to exist with the destruction of the ship at Jutland, June 1, 1916...

[Profile] [Quote]
Krakatoa
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of Great BritainPosted: January 8th, 2015, 6:27 pm
Howdy guys,

JSB, If you could see Kims drawings for COA's before 1920 you would see that none/most (cant remember myself) of them are in the cute looking borders.

Bezo, Yes I was aware that there is one for CLA, but as you say it has not been drawn yet, so as far as I was concerned, the one in the archives was fine for a Personal Design Battlecruiser. It gave me a good strong name for a battlecruiser, while remembering the ship that went before.

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of Great BritainPosted: January 8th, 2015, 7:08 pm
Well, Krakatoa, since we miss it and will eventually need it, why not draw it? Even I have dabbled some in drawing CoAs. If I can, surely you can!?! 8-) ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 44 of 49  [ 489 posts ]  Return to “Coats of Arms and Ship's Badges” | Go to page « 142 43 44 45 4649 »

Jump to: