Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 2  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: Tutorial how to draw a CoAPosted: November 11th, 2011, 9:08 pm
Superb tutorial Kim.I lack only two things.Windows 7 paint and the required skill.

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: Tutorial how to draw a CoAPosted: November 12th, 2011, 12:59 am
Bombhead wrote:
Superb tutorial Kim.I lack only two things.Windows 7 paint and the required skill.
About the skills I have no doubt you have it. When you can draw these superb carriers you can do badges too. Concerning PAINT in Windows 7 contra older PAINT the difference isn't that big ;) I can tell you that my first 100 badges were drawn in Windows XP PAINT and in many ways I use it when I got troubles with special difficult badges still ;)

All relevant Coat of Arms

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Tutorial how to draw a CoAPosted: November 12th, 2011, 7:45 am
I tend to agree with Bombhead. Excellent tutorial, but as you use MS-Paint for Windows XP why not post a second tutorial for that program as well?

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: Tutorial how to draw a CoAPosted: November 12th, 2011, 10:43 am
Novice wrote:
I tend to agree with Bombhead. Excellent tutorial, but as you use MS-Paint for Windows XP why not post a second tutorial for that program as well?
:D The difference is really very little, but it's for practical reason I didn't use the XP. It's on my old pc which it's extremely slow and also give me some problems to see colour nuances (maybe you remember I've had these problems with different colour pixels in my first ships drawing!). But I will consider it ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
LEUT_East
Post subject: Re: Tutorial how to draw a CoAPosted: February 11th, 2012, 7:43 am
With the Australian badges, how do you bend the text?

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: Tutorial how to draw a CoAPosted: February 11th, 2012, 9:48 pm
LEUT_East wrote:
With the Australian badges, how do you bend the text?
Rodondo asked the same question in the 'CoA parts sheet for naval vessels'-thread:
KimWerner wrote:
Rodondo wrote:
Just a question for Kim W. and the experts on this, How does one do the curved writing title and motto? As I cannot get it to look quite right
Hmmm... that's a really good question. In some text and drawing programmes you can mark your text and give it the curve you wish. But they are anti-aliased (in these programmes I know of) so the only way I know of untill now is the hard way. Drawing each letter :?
I think I'm being a little better now, but this part of badge-drawing is the part I hate :roll:
Unless you run into a text-curving program which can satisfy the SB-standard, you have to do like me :!:

[Profile] [Quote]
LEUT_East
Post subject: Re: Tutorial how to draw a CoAPosted: February 12th, 2012, 5:12 am
Thanks mate. I tried using text boxes in MS Word and then pasting them onto my badges (albeit with little success). I will try and do them freehand in MS Paint.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 2  [ 17 posts ]  Return to “Coats of Arms and Ship's Badges” | Go to page « 1 2

Jump to: