Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 8  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 58 »
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the Royal Australian NavyPosted: April 14th, 2012, 1:16 am
Except for the badge for HMAS Stuart it's a magnificent collection which I really enjoyed. They are now in templates and placed in the first post. Also HMAS Stuart, but Rodondo take a look at the flower in the badge. It is not quite symmetric and I know you can make it perfect ;) I'll guess you already are in proces doing the badge for HMAS Stuart II and III and when the motive is the same you can correct it then :D

All relevant Coat of Arms

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the Royal Australian NavyPosted: April 14th, 2012, 11:39 am
Thanks Kim :D I agree about the Stuart once reviewing it in retrospect. I was planning on just doing the first one but I suppose I could extend onto that!

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the Royal Australian NavyPosted: April 14th, 2012, 2:08 pm
Great stuff Kim :D I'm getting around to doing the Stuart (with the Douglas in the RN service).

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the Royal Australian NavyPosted: April 15th, 2012, 7:31 am
[ img ]
I'm very certain that this crest applies to both vessels named Tarakan (LST 3017(RN) 1944-1946, LST 3017 (RAN) 1946-1948,Tarakan (I) Mark III Tank Landing Ship 1948-1954) (Tarakan(II) Balikpan Class LCH 1973-Present)

[ img ]
This only applies to HMAS Encounter (HMS Encounter from 1905-1912,1912-1923 was HMAS Encounter, renamed HMAS Penguin till 1929, Decomissioned)

Stuart's next though

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the Royal Australian NavyPosted: April 15th, 2012, 5:25 pm
Excellent :D And thanks for the supporting informations. That makes it easier for me to do the templates ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the Royal Australian NavyPosted: April 15th, 2012, 10:48 pm
KimWerner wrote:
Excellent :D And thanks for the supporting informations. That makes it easier for me to do the templates ;)
Thanks Kim, Aus Naval history is about as straightforwards as quantum physics, always the oddities so I'm glad to help.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the Royal Australian NavyPosted: May 13th, 2012, 7:01 am
[ img ]
HMAS Brunei (L 127) LCH 1973-present, only Brunei so far
I'm promised the Stuart but I can't find a good reference for a "stuart" crown

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the Royal Australian NavyPosted: May 13th, 2012, 10:30 pm
I'll see what I can do ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the Royal Australian NavyPosted: May 13th, 2012, 10:54 pm
Thanks Kim! ;)

I've searched high and low but I can't find anything similar

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the Royal Australian NavyPosted: May 17th, 2012, 1:36 pm
Rodondo wrote:
Thanks Kim! ;)

I've searched high and low but I can't find anything similar
@Rodondo: I've searched and get the same result as you. My best guess is that the original artist had made the Stuart crown as a kitbash with the scottish royal crown and the imperial crown. But a little help I can give you though. Originally I have reserved the badge for HMS Stuart for you - now you draw the australian editions - but then I think, if I finish my WIP, then it might help you out. Here is a link:
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/KimWerne ... skjold.png

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 8  [ 77 posts ]  Return to “Coats of Arms and Ship's Badges” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 58 »

Jump to: