Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 8  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 58 »
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the Royal Australian NavyPosted: May 17th, 2012, 1:49 pm
KimWerner wrote:
Rodondo wrote:
Thanks Kim! ;)

I've searched high and low but I can't find anything similar
@Rodondo: I've searched and get the same result as you. My best guess is that the original artist had made the Stuart crown as a kitbash with the scottish royal crown and the imperial crown. But a little help I can give you though. Originally I have reserved the badge for HMS Stuart for you - now you draw the australian editions - but then I think, if I finish my WIP, then it might help you out. Here is a link:
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/KimWerne ... skjold.png
I think you;re very correct about the crown, most likely crew drawn? Thank you for the reference though, I was afraid there was no end to the search! I was originally intending to only do the first HMAS Stuart but I suppose the other two would be easy once I finish the first. I must say again your flower puts mine to shame, a reminder why you are the master of COA! ;)

Hopefully I can get that done soon then

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the Royal Australian NavyPosted: May 29th, 2012, 1:32 pm
The long awaited HMAS Tobruk, again this badge fits two ships

[ img ]

HMAS Tobruk (D37), a Battle class destroyer launched in 1947 and in service until 1960
HMAS Tobruk (L 50), a modified Round Table class Landing Ship Heavy launched in 1980 and operational as of 2012

Thanks Rowdy for reminding me! ;)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

Last edited by Rodondo on May 29th, 2012, 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rowdy36
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the Royal Australian NavyPosted: May 29th, 2012, 2:33 pm
Woohoo, nice one Rodondo :)

The CoA for both GT-203 HMAS Jervis Bay (Training ship/troop transport 1977 - 1994) and AKR-45 HMAS Jervis Bay (Sealift catamaran 1999 - 2001):

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the Royal Australian NavyPosted: May 29th, 2012, 2:51 pm
Fantastic badge there too Rowdy, excellent choice

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the Royal Australian NavyPosted: May 29th, 2012, 10:28 pm
Oh, what a joy :D Two excellent badges from two excellent artist's. Do I feel a healthy competition between you two :?: In my opinion it will be just marvellous :D Go for it :!:

All relevant Coat of Arms

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the Royal Australian NavyPosted: May 30th, 2012, 2:11 am
I hope not as I'd surely lose :lol: I think what we have is a prompting system, one COA brings out another

[Profile] [Quote]
Rowdy36
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the Royal Australian NavyPosted: May 30th, 2012, 5:26 am
KimWerner wrote:
Do I feel a healthy competition between you two :?:
Haha well in this case it was purely co-incidental :lol: I think Rodondo is right, it's a bit of a prompting system 8-)

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the Royal Australian NavyPosted: May 30th, 2012, 6:18 am
Rowdy36 wrote:
KimWerner wrote:
Do I feel a healthy competition between you two :?:
Haha well in this case it was purely co-incidental :lol: I think Rodondo is right, it's a bit of a prompting system 8-)
Hopefully we won't ever double up on the same badge, that would be difficult ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the Royal Australian NavyPosted: May 30th, 2012, 10:58 am
Response ;)

[ img ]

"HMAS Voyager (D31) 'W' class destroyer. Commissioned into the Royal Navy (RN) in 1918. She remained with the RN until 1933, when she was transferred to the RAN. The destroyer remained in service until 1942, when she ran aground and was scuttled.

HMAS Voyager (D04) Daring class destroyer commissioned into the RAN in 1957. The ship was lost in a collison with the aircraft carrier HMAS Melbourne in 1964."

Badge applies to both ships

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the Royal Australian NavyPosted: May 30th, 2012, 2:55 pm
:D Very good. Thanks for the infos. It ease my work with the templates very much ;)

All relevant Coat of Arms

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 8  [ 77 posts ]  Return to “Coats of Arms and Ship's Badges” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 58 »

Jump to: