Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 7 of 8  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page « 14 5 6 7 8 »
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the Royal Australian NavyPosted: March 31st, 2014, 8:34 pm
A bit late, but now is the badge for HMAS Wewak in a template and uploaded at page one ;)

All relevant Coat of Arms

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the Royal Australian NavyPosted: May 13th, 2014, 9:45 pm
Thanks kim but your work is far from done, there'll be a few more coming in this week, kicking things off a few pre-1920 badges :D

[ img ]

HMAS Brisbane (I) Town class light cruiser (Chatham subtype) 1916-1922 & 1923-1925 Cruiser, 1925-1926 & 1928-1929 Training Ship, 1935 Cruiser, sold for scrap 1935

[ img ]

HMQS(1884-1901)/HMAS(1901-1918/1921) Gayundah, Armstrong type B1 flat-iron gunboat, Beached 1958

[ img ]

AE1/HMAS AE1, E class Submarine 1914-1914 Lost

[ img ]

AE2/HMAS AE2, E Class Submarine 1914-1915

Small ammendments to be made, the HMAS ENcounter badge is the wrong one, the one I did was for the modern shore establishment, I've realized there is another pre-1920 badge for it, there also seems to be shore establishments for the HMAS Leeuwin and Platypus (Though I'm yet to see if the background colour is the same for Platypus)

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the Royal Australian NavyPosted: May 26th, 2014, 9:57 pm
Think we're going to have a pre 1920 thread by the end of the week, Finished another of Sydney (I)'s which is pre 1920, nearly polished of Melbourne(I) and Encounter's is on the way as well ;)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the Royal Australian NavyPosted: May 26th, 2014, 9:59 pm
Marvelous :!: Can't wait :D

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the Royal Australian NavyPosted: May 27th, 2014, 10:14 pm
[ img ]

HMAS Melbourne (I) (Town Class Cruiser Chatham subclass) 1913-1928

HMAS Sydney (I) (Town Class Cruiser Chatham subclass) 1913-1928

HMAS Encounter (I) (Challenger Class Second Class Protected Cruiser) 1912-1923 (Renamed HMAS Penguin (1923-1929))

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the Royal Australian NavyPosted: May 28th, 2014, 6:01 am
Excellent work.

[Profile] [Quote]
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the Royal Australian NavyPosted: May 29th, 2014, 11:36 pm
Top quality badges Rodondo. 8-)

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the Royal Australian NavyPosted: June 1st, 2014, 6:35 pm
@Rodondo, can you please help me out. The Encounter badge you've drawn was the first badge. The badge then (BUT WHEN????) changed to this
[ img ] Do you know if it had something to do with the end of WWI in connection with the fully independent RAN (1920)?
One more I have some quarrel about is the first Sydney badge. You have previous drawn this one as the first badge
[ img ] and beside the back ground colours they are similar. Which one was the first and when were they altered?

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the Royal Australian NavyPosted: June 2nd, 2014, 12:11 am
Even I have to make some corrections - when I've got some help from Rodondo - I have made the thread for the earlier Australian naval vessels badges. Here's the link: http://www.shipbucket.com/forums/viewto ... =22&t=5330

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the Royal Australian NavyPosted: June 2nd, 2014, 2:07 am
Right some alterations:

That Encounter badge I strongly believe was for the shore establishment of the same name from 1965-1994, the crowned "E" is the only one for the cruiser to my knowledge

The HMAS Sydney (1) badge, the most recent one I drew seems to be the original she had from commissioning, sometime afterwards it changed to the blue background one, but unfortunately my research had given me no clues when but I'd say sometime it wasn't in the first 12 months of commissioning

Also I'm not sure if the Warrego (1) is correct but I know there is another badge in existence, essentially what Rowdy drew but with the thick rope ring frame and a pastel background, judging from the frame it seems this might the commissioning badge. Same suspicion for the swan as it's the same class but I'm yet to find another badge for it.

Final note and this is my fault, the Gayundah technically speak was in Australian service from 1901-1911 in Commonwealth Naval Services, have no clue what prefix she carried officially during that time.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 7 of 8  [ 77 posts ]  Return to “Coats of Arms and Ship's Badges” | Go to page « 14 5 6 7 8 »

Jump to: