Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 14  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 514 »
DG_Alpha
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of GermanyPosted: June 14th, 2012, 11:52 am
Okay, here are the badges for Class 119 Destroyers:
[ img ]

Five ships, three eras and basically the same crest, but the devil is, as always, in the details:
[ img ]

Well, after I found out that there was a ship named Koblenz, I had to do that as well, because that is as problably the closest to ever have a ship named after my hometown:
[ img ][ img ]

For my next session of workload, I'm gonna finish all the remaining badges for the Hamburg-class destroyers. Of course, this can always get interrupted when I stumble about an interesting crest.

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of GermanyPosted: June 21st, 2012, 7:28 pm
I'm back from my little trip to France. It became much more expensive than planned because of a damned pocket thief :evil:
But impressive work you've done here DG_Alpha :D About the different Köln/Cöln badges you are probably right, but I will investigate if the different details might be different interpredations from different badge makers. I had seen the third badge connected with SMS Cöln.

All relevant Coat of Arms

[Profile] [Quote]
DG_Alpha
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of GermanyPosted: June 21st, 2012, 10:12 pm
Welcome back. Sorry that the trip wasn't as pleaseant as expected.

For the SMS Cöln badge, my main source is this picture here, taken from the Laboe memorial in Kiel, associated with the cruiser, if that's any help. Of course, it could be wrong.

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of GermanyPosted: June 25th, 2012, 3:52 pm
@DG_Alpha: I have now attached the six destroyers and FGS Koblenz :D I hope you'll forgive me that I've toned the white (silver) colours in the badges and I've also uniformed the golden and blue bars in FGS Zerstörer 5 mini badge
[ img ]
I'll hope you approve that ;)
For the issue about Cöln/Köln I'm not finished yet.

Last edited by KimWerner on November 15th, 2016, 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
DG_Alpha
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of GermanyPosted: June 25th, 2012, 6:27 pm
Do what is necessary to keep up the standards. It really bothers me that I didn't noticed the stripes. Thank for fixing it.

As for the Köln issue, like I said, I only have one source for SMS Cöln, so if you have better sources, I'm open for new informations. DKM Köln and FGS Köln sould be correct. I have had some good pictures on them.

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of GermanyPosted: July 13th, 2012, 1:06 pm
Now we have the Königsberg Class (or K-Class) in templates. And the Cöln/Köln badge issue is fixed ;)
Here the latest badge from DG_Alpha for the light cruiser Königsberg
[ img ]

Last edited by KimWerner on November 15th, 2016, 2:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of GermanyPosted: July 13th, 2012, 4:07 pm
DG_alpha, although I appreciate your terrific skills at drawing CoAs, I would like to reserve the two remaining badges (Hamburg, Bayern) for myself, since I've already drawn the Schleswig-Holstein's and Heßen's. Also I'm planning on redrawing McConrad's earlier Typ120 frigates to current SB-standards.

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of GermanyPosted: July 13th, 2012, 4:21 pm
:D It's really nice to see how this thread evolves since DG_Alpha entrances. I'm happy to see Bezobrazov back in "German business" again. It can only be good ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
DG_Alpha
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of GermanyPosted: July 13th, 2012, 9:11 pm
Thanks for telling me that... now that I'm almost finished. :?

Anyway, you can gladly have them, since I am currently focusing my efforts on the Königsberg-class cruisers. I'll post my current progress. The Badge for Hamburg is already done, it should be noted that the the Hamburg of the Sachesen-class had a slightly different, more simplistic badge. The already existiting one for Hessen had just been missing the crown. For Schleswig-Holstein, I just did the small version. Bayern is still incomplete (The progress of ca. 2h of work this afternoon), you can use it as a Basis if you like.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of GermanyPosted: July 13th, 2012, 10:45 pm
I do apologize to you, DG_Alpha, if I came out somewhat cross. Your offer is really generous, and since you're showing the advanced progress of your work, of which I wasn't aware, it would make perfect sense to allow you to proceed unimpeded by me. Thanks for showing your work. I can tell that you're doing them all great justice!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 14  [ 134 posts ]  Return to “Coats of Arms and Ship's Badges” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 514 »

Jump to: