Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 14  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 514 »
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of GermanyPosted: June 2nd, 2012, 7:05 pm
DG_Alpha wrote:
Speaking of the Köln-class: I made a CoA which should work for both Bundesmarine Kölns (F220 & F211) and maybe both SMS Cölns. Köln of the Königsberg-class had a slightly different style.

Another thing: Are you sure about the CoA for SMS Deutschland? The images I have don't show it exactly and I think this form of the eagle was used more by democratic governments rather than during the Imperial times. But maybe you have more informative sources.
Beautifull :D Concerning SMS Cöln I will find out.
About SMS Deutschland you're quite right. It was rather difficult but I found out how the badge looked. I will draw it one of the nearest days. It's quite a beauty when you like heraldic eagles ;)

All relevant Coat of Arms

[Profile] [Quote]
DG_Alpha
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of GermanyPosted: June 5th, 2012, 9:11 pm
Okay, several things:
I found out that there are waaaay more CoAs for Federal German ships than I had ever known. And now th OCD part of wants to draw them all.... Joy.

For the Kriegsmarine:
The CoAs for Seydlitz, Blücher and Lützow of the High Seas Fleet should also be applied for the Hipper-class heavy cruisers. In case of the Blücher, I think the yellow version of the CoA was applied, but I'm not 100% sure.
Also, the CoA for Nürnberg is still missing from the list.

I wondered why there wasn't a Scharnhorst yet, it's not very complicated:
[ img ][ img ]

Also, here's a gold version for Admiral Scheer, which I think is more accurate, although i'm not completely sure. In any case, it also applies for the training frigate Scheer (see below):
[ img ]

For the Bundesmarine:
As promised, I made the CoAs for the Lütjens (103)-class, both large and small versions:
Lütjens - Mölders - Rommel
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]

Here's a new version for Köln, after I found a better picture:
[ img ]

Also, there was the 138-class of training frigates in the 1950s and 60s. Some of these ships had names of former ships and retained their CoA. Already existings ones are:
Gneisenau (F212)
Scharnhorst (F213)
Graf Spee (F215)
Scheer (F216)

Here's one for Brommy (F218):
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of GermanyPosted: June 5th, 2012, 10:27 pm
Danke schön für alles :D Thank you very much for all the great stuff. Both for the excellent badges and for the supporting informations. I'm a little bit busy right now, so it will probably take a couple of days before they are ready on templates ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of GermanyPosted: June 6th, 2012, 10:03 pm
DG_Alpha wrote:
For the Kriegsmarine:
The CoAs for Seydlitz, Blücher and Lützow of the High Seas Fleet should also be applied for the Hipper-class heavy cruisers. In case of the Blücher, I think the yellow version of the CoA was applied, but I'm not 100% sure.
Also, the CoA for Nürnberg is still missing from the list.
Yep, you're right ;) Though Seydlitz and Lützow never became completed I will not make templates for these two. The template for Nürnberg was made. I just forgot to attach it :oops: (It's corrected now!)

For the rest I've completed the templates and attached them :D I still miss completing the badge for SMS Deutschland. It's a little bit hard to do properly :shock:

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of GermanyPosted: June 10th, 2012, 3:02 pm
At last I've succeeded drawing the badge for SMS Deutschland. I'll hope I have given this beautiful imperial eagle the right look which have been my greatest concern bringing the badge down to this scale (the size is only 8% of my source picture!).
[ img ]

Last edited by KimWerner on November 15th, 2016, 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of GermanyPosted: June 10th, 2012, 3:45 pm
Beautiful,just beautiful.

[Profile] [Quote]
DG_Alpha
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of GermanyPosted: June 10th, 2012, 4:07 pm
I agree. A very beautiful design, masterfully brought over to shipbucket. I applaud.

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of GermanyPosted: June 10th, 2012, 7:41 pm
Thanks a lot :D I had to finish it before I leave for a mini vacation in a little french place called Le Mans. I don't know if any of you are familiar with this place but they have a little barbecue party every year while some drivers try to get their cars rolling in 24 hours. ;)
My son and me leaves tuesday :)

[Profile] [Quote]
DG_Alpha
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of GermanyPosted: June 10th, 2012, 8:29 pm
Have fun, then.

My plans include the CoAs for all ships of Destroyer Class 119, Cruisers SMS Cöln and Köln (1928) and Minehunter Koblenz.

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of GermanyPosted: June 10th, 2012, 8:43 pm
Thanks! Looking forward to see your badges when I return :D

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 14  [ 134 posts ]  Return to “Coats of Arms and Ship's Badges” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 514 »

Jump to: