Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 4 of 14  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 614 »
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of GermanyPosted: July 14th, 2012, 11:32 am
Beautiful, beautiful :!: I will update FGS Schleswig-Holstein and FGS Hessen right away and add FGS Hamburg. I'm looking forward to the badge for FGS Bayern. It looks very promising (which don't surprise me :D ).

Edit: Done ;)

All relevant Coat of Arms

[Profile] [Quote]
DG_Alpha
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of GermanyPosted: July 21st, 2012, 9:30 pm
Brezobarov, no offense taken thanks for showing confidence in my work. Bayern is now done and Hamburg had some minor changes. Here's the complete set:
[ img ]

@KimWerner:
The badges for the two Hamburgs (D181/F220) are different, here's a comparison:
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of GermanyPosted: July 21st, 2012, 9:56 pm
...and as soon as I get my stationary rigged up, I shall add them to the refreshened drawings of the class. I'll also get the Klasse103 + 103B fixed up.

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of GermanyPosted: July 22nd, 2012, 7:10 pm
The badge for both the destroyer and the frigate FGS Hamburg are identical ;)
[ img ][ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
DG_Alpha
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of GermanyPosted: July 22nd, 2012, 7:46 pm
These bronze-plagues can be misleading, I try to find photos of the real ships, which shows the badges are different.
Here's the destroyer:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... amburg.jpg
And the frigate:
http://www.fregatte-koeln.de/Fregatte_H ... g-F220.jpg
Although not completely clear, the differences are visible.

(Looking at them again, though, I have to admit that the destroyer badge requires another revision... :oops: )

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of GermanyPosted: July 22nd, 2012, 8:03 pm
I know that such plaquettes can be misleading but knowing Bundeswehr (German Armed Forces) for more than 30 years, I know that these plaquettes are very close to the original badges. Else they wouldn't be allowed in trade. And looking at the picture of the destroyer seems to confirm that. I don't think it's worth using to much energy in that issue. After all it's an edition of the city badge of Hamburg. That one you present for the destroyer is the current one ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
DG_Alpha
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of GermanyPosted: September 28th, 2012, 9:06 pm
After having seen the actual crest in a museum, I completely redid the Hamburg crest.
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of GermanyPosted: September 28th, 2012, 11:15 pm
Splendid :!: The current badges will be exchanged with your marvellous rendition this weekend :D Only one question: Is this "new" badge for all vessels named "Hamburg"?

[Profile] [Quote]
DG_Alpha
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of GermanyPosted: September 29th, 2012, 12:55 pm
The crest is based on the actual badge of the Hamburg-class destroyer Hamburg (D181). Like I said before, the Sachsen-class had a slightly different one, but as it was only a slight iteration, you said it was not worth the effort. I think it should be separate entries, but as you are the authority on badges here, I'll leve the decision to you.

It might also work for the old SMS Hamburg.
http://www.battleships-cruisers.co.uk/i ... mburg3.jpg
It has the same crest at the bow, as seen on the picture above, but I can't see in which iteration.

On a different topic: Do you have any information on the crest of the old armored corvette SMS König Wilhelm?

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of GermanyPosted: September 29th, 2012, 4:44 pm
@DG_Alpha; I think you're right. Maybe I'll change the badge for SMS Hamburg, but I'll first check up on it. Regarding the badge for SMS König Wilhelm is the answar yes and no. I've got a picture i bad quality where the badge might be in the center of the flag. But I'll investigate a little further to be sure, before I pm it to you (and maybe find a better picture ;) ).

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 4 of 14  [ 134 posts ]  Return to “Coats of Arms and Ship's Badges” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 614 »

Jump to: