[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 2  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: Aircrafts'Squadrons CoAPosted: June 30th, 2015, 5:02 pm
Beautiful work Andy :!: :shock: :D

All relevant Coat of Arms

[Profile] [Quote]
Shipsengraver
Post subject: Re: Aircrafts'Squadrons CoAPosted: February 24th, 2016, 8:38 pm
The MASF Crest is, unfortunately, erroneous in that it has a crown above the ropework border. MASF is a unit and not an official squadron and I.A.W QRRNs Ch88 does not qualify for a crown. The same ruling applies to several other so called crests including the AH branch crest and the SE branch crest. Even the RN itself publishes incorrectly drawn crests incorporating the crown. he RN Historical Section in Portsmouth is the point of contact should anyone have a question regarding what is an is not permitted on crests.

[Profile] [Quote]
adenandy
Post subject: Re: Aircrafts'Squadrons CoAPosted: February 25th, 2016, 1:22 am
Shipsengraver wrote:
The MASF Crest is, unfortunately, erroneous in that it has a crown above the ropework border. MASF is a unit and not an official squadron and I.A.W QRRNs Ch88 does not qualify for a crown. The same ruling applies to several other so called crests including the AH branch crest and the SE branch crest. Even the RN itself publishes incorrectly drawn crests incorporating the crown. he RN Historical Section in Portsmouth is the point of contact should anyone have a question regarding what is an is not permitted on crests.
After checking both my official resources, I regret to confirm that you are indeed most correct sir and I have amended my first post accordingly.

My humble apologies for this error and a word of thanks to "Shipsengraver" for bringing this error to my attention.

Regards,

Andy

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 2  [ 13 posts ]  Return to “Coats of Arms and Ship's Badges” | Go to page « 1 2

Jump to: