Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 4  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »
BCRenown
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the Royal Navy before 1920Posted: May 19th, 2014, 10:14 pm
Quote:
Monty I haven't anything against it (in fact it looks very good on your drawing!). Only thing to consider is, would a greek vessel have a badge with latin
Well Kim, the Greeks will have to learn to live with Latin phrases. If not, I'll sell the ship to the Turks. :twisted: :lol:

Seriously though, It's too nice a badge to pass up. I have to have it. ;) Thanks again.

Monty

[Profile] [Quote]
apdsmith
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the Royal Navy before 1920Posted: May 20th, 2014, 9:27 pm
Hi all,

Re HMS Achates

Well, google translate has it as "Safety video" so your guess is as good as mine!

If I did have to guess, I'd guess it's "Everything through sight" - or at least "Everything something sight" I'm sure "Omnia" is the "everything" root part from omniscient and video's kinda self-explanatory...

Ad

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the Royal Navy before 1920Posted: May 22nd, 2014, 8:26 am
Stunning additions!

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the Royal Navy before 1920Posted: May 22nd, 2014, 3:18 pm
apdsmith wrote:
Hi all,

Re HMS Achates

Well, google translate has it as "Safety video" so your guess is as good as mine!

If I did have to guess, I'd guess it's "Everything through sight" - or at least "Everything something sight" I'm sure "Omnia" is the "everything" root part from omniscient and video's kinda self-explanatory...

Ad
I think it roughly translates to All I See is Safe.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the Royal Navy before 1920Posted: September 2nd, 2014, 12:27 am
A little collection of badges for five british participiants in the Battle of Jutland. Three battleships (Revenge, Royal Oak, Royal Sovereign) and two destroyers (Shark, Spitfire) :D
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]

All relevant Coat of Arms

Last edited by KimWerner on May 17th, 2017, 8:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
adenandy
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the Royal Navy before 1920Posted: September 2nd, 2014, 2:15 am
:shock: :shock: :shock: Oh WOW Kim. they're beautiful mate. Seriously, they're the bees knees.

Well done mate. :)

Well Done Indeed :D

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the Royal Navy before 1920Posted: September 2nd, 2014, 6:09 pm
Truly awesome!
I still can't stop wondering why You and DG_Alpha aren't yet elite members? :?

[Profile] [Quote]
DG_Alpha
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the Royal Navy before 1920Posted: September 6th, 2014, 9:31 pm
Absolutely stunning and amazing work!

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the Royal Navy before 1920Posted: January 26th, 2015, 4:35 pm
Now I've restored page one so it's possible to see the badges again :D

All relevant Coat of Arms

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the Royal Navy before 1920Posted: January 27th, 2015, 11:55 am
BCRenown wrote:
Quote:
Monty I haven't anything against it (in fact it looks very good on your drawing!). Only thing to consider is, would a greek vessel have a badge with latin
Well Kim, the Greeks will have to learn to live with Latin phrases. If not, I'll sell the ship to the Turks. :twisted: :lol:

Seriously though, It's too nice a badge to pass up. I have to have it. ;) Thanks again.
Personally believe that Turks would also translate the phrase to their language. Which badge are you referring to?

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 4  [ 40 posts ]  Return to “Coats of Arms and Ship's Badges” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »

Jump to: