Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ] 
LIVEWIRE
Post subject: Crest for HMS Duke of Edinburgh (CVA-01)Posted: August 18th, 2018, 11:17 am
Hi all, working on a new CVA-01 drawing, I've got the crest for HMS Queen Elizabeth but there doesn't seem to be a modern (i.e the standardized post 1940 circular design) drawing of HMS Duke of Edinburgh's crest? Not sure if it's allowed on here since it was a canceled projected and the the names were never formally announced (only rumored at the time), but would be nice to have a crest to complete the drawing once finished. If there is such a crest on here, I can't seem to find it, so much help appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by LIVEWIRE on August 18th, 2018, 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Crest for HMS Duke of Edinburgh (CVA-01)Posted: August 18th, 2018, 12:25 pm
Hi LIVEWIRE,

I doubt there is an official QE badge for CVA01, the QE badge for this would be the same as the current one (R08)

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
LIVEWIRE
Post subject: Re: Crest for HMS Duke of Edinburgh (CVA-01)Posted: August 18th, 2018, 12:41 pm
Fair enough, any ideas if there is a badge for the CVA-01 Duke of Edinburgh?

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Crest for HMS Duke of Edinburgh (CVA-01)Posted: August 18th, 2018, 1:18 pm
Unlikely for CVA02 for exactly the same reason, the old 1900's one is not applicable to the Duke of Edinburgh of then/now so it never was officially made

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Crest for HMS Duke of Edinburgh (CVA-01)Posted: August 18th, 2018, 2:28 pm
When I drew CVA-01 I found a crest for QE but I can't remember if KimWerner drew me the pair or not. I can't find a Duke of Edinburgh crest in my files so he might not have. It would have been handy for my GW96A drawing too, as that was also rumoured to be named Duke of Edinburgh.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
LIVEWIRE
Post subject: Re: Crest for HMS Duke of Edinburgh (CVA-01)Posted: August 18th, 2018, 4:17 pm
A damn shame, would be nice to have badges for the both. If possible could someone make one (even just as an unofficial 'what if' with the current Duke of Edinburgh monogram)? I've only ever done vessels, weaponbucket and FD scale so badges aren't really my forte unfortunately. Much help would be appreciated, drawings still aren't completed yet, but would finish them off perfectly if there was a CoA available for HMS Duke of Edinburgh before I post them both on here.

[Profile] [Quote]
adenandy
Post subject: Re: Crest for HMS Duke of Edinburgh (CVA-01)Posted: August 22nd, 2018, 9:09 am
Image based upon 7 Gurkha Rifles, Duke of Edinburgh's Own

Last edited by adenandy on August 22nd, 2018, 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
LIVEWIRE
Post subject: Re: Crest for HMS Duke of Edinburgh (CVA-01)Posted: August 22nd, 2018, 12:24 pm
Thank you very much :D, looks brilliant and high quality as always - will finish off the drawings perfectly once they are complete.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]  Return to “Coats of Arms and Ship's Badges”

Jump to: