Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 5  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: Russian SystemsPosted: May 20th, 2011, 11:42 am
paul_541 wrote:
Escuse me guys but why the majority of the missiles are more larger than launchers ?? :? :shock:
Someone can clarify that ?

Thanks and greetings. ;)
Yeas, we have done hunderd time to hunderpeople. Missile are off by 1/3 pixel to show detail and style.

[Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Russian SystemsPosted: May 20th, 2011, 12:39 pm
The missiles are oversized by rather random fashion... Since the very begining MConrads and co. decided to drawn them exaggerated way to give better idea of them. Where as this propably wasen't be nesserical to those huge soviet SSMs (all of them were drewn after I joined the small lot), it was needed for more slimmer western SAMs and such.

[Profile] [Quote]
HMS Sophia
Post subject: Re: Russian SystemsPosted: July 8th, 2011, 12:44 pm
Is there a model of the SS-N-1 anywhere?
I cant find one, and pictures are damn hard to find as well.

[Profile] [Quote]
Scifibug
Post subject: Re: Russian SystemsPosted: July 9th, 2011, 11:47 pm
http://www.shipbucket.com/images.php?di ... t57Bis.png

[Profile] [Quote]
koyotin
Post subject: Re: Russian SystemsPosted: November 22nd, 2011, 12:59 am
Are there any plans to develop a unified Soviet/Russian parts sheet similar to the US or RN weapon/radar sheets? Of course I know from my own research on the internet and through several editions of Norman Polmar's Guide to the Soviet Navy, information and pictures on Russian systems seems to be hard to come by in English. Just thought I'd ask since it's been on my mind for some time.

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Russian SystemsPosted: November 22nd, 2011, 3:05 am
Golly has had several partial Russian/Soviet parts sheets. The task is both simplified and hampered by the somewhat decoupled nature of the systems under discussion. For example, every Soviet-era SAM is associated with a single GMLS and a single guidance/illumination system (eg SA-N-3). Contrast Standard MR, which launches from at least four GMLS (Mk 13, Mk 26, Mk 41, Mk 57) with at least... five? guidance options (SPG-51, SPG-55, SPG-60, SPG-62, SPY-3) just within the US Navy.

[Profile] [Quote]
koyotin
Post subject: Re: Russian SystemsPosted: November 22nd, 2011, 4:57 am
Yeah and that makes the SAM stuff easier. But there's other stuff to like ECM gear, air search radar, navigation radar, etc. You can scavenge quite a bit from the real Soviet drawings but stuff like railing can be in the way which bisects systems. They aren't labeled and so I've sometimes found it difficult trying to figure out what system is what by cross checking it with the Polmar books I have which lack a lot of pictures of Soviet ECM gear and radars. It's not a criticism of anyone just a few observations about the differences between parts sheets.

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Russian SystemsPosted: November 22nd, 2011, 9:30 am
Well there is only one partial weaponsheet, And its "partial" in sense that it contains allready too much stuff in order it to be edited down to neat levels of the USN equavalent. Also it is partiall becouse I simply have no time to constantly update or build it up, unless Im on spreed of drawing soviet vessels in a bulk. Untill that happens again, I won't gurantee that I would myself be working on with it.

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Russian SystemsPosted: November 22nd, 2011, 4:08 pm
koyotin wrote:
Yeah and that makes the SAM stuff easier. But there's other stuff to like ECM gear, air search radar, navigation radar, etc. You can scavenge quite a bit from the real Soviet drawings but stuff like railing can be in the way which bisects systems. They aren't labeled and so I've sometimes found it difficult trying to figure out what system is what by cross checking it with the Polmar books I have which lack a lot of pictures of Soviet ECM gear and radars. It's not a criticism of anyone just a few observations about the differences between parts sheets.
Yes, that's the other side of the coin. It's a much more challenging task than the USN side. If your library has any of Friedman's Naval Institute Guide to World Naval Weapons Systems, that would be the best reference I can suggest.

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Russian SystemsPosted: November 22nd, 2011, 4:36 pm
yes, of the western sources, the "book of armaments" Erik refers is indeed the best source

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 5  [ 45 posts ]  Return to “Official Parts Sheets” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »

Jump to: