Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 28 of 35  [ 347 posts ]  Go to page « 126 27 28 29 3035 »
eswube
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: November 4th, 2012, 6:17 pm
Some weeks ago I made my own version of Sea Giraffe radar and updated launchers of RBS-15 Mk2 and Mk3 missiles for use on my Pr.660 Orkan drawing.
I wrote then:
eswube wrote:
As there could be some doubts about certain parts, I'd like to explain certain things:
- radar on top of modified Orkan's is Sea Giraffe drawn by me, as the only radar of that type I could find in Parts Sheets (for Royal Navy) was definitely some other model;
- grid constructions on which RBS-15 missiles are placed were drawn by me and are representation of those actually found on Polish ships;
- boxes of RBS-15 Mk2 were taken from Parts Sheets, but those of the RBS-15 Mk3 were again drawn by me, as I could found only very old ones that looked... well, I'd better not write what I think of them. ;)
If there are some better, "official" renderings of those parts I will gladly use them. Otherwise I will be equally glad to add these elements to Parts Sheet Discussion thread.
Since there were completely no (negative) remarks about that, I assume that my parts are ok, so now I'm posting them here.

[ img ]

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: November 4th, 2012, 7:21 pm
yeah, looks like there are 2 versions of them. 'your' version seems to emerge around 1990, but the old one seems so stay available.

[Profile] [Quote]
BoxOfRoundRocks
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: December 8th, 2012, 4:58 pm
Something i made while ago.

[ img ]

I added front and rear views.

Edit: Should work now?

..and yes, I drew awesome avatar.

Last edited by BoxOfRoundRocks on December 8th, 2012, 5:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: December 8th, 2012, 5:10 pm
BoxOfRoundRocks wrote:
Something i made while ago.

[ img ]

I added front and rear views.
The picture is not showing, are you sure you saved it in public folder.

step by step:

1. save in "Dropbox" public folder on you'r computer. (note as PNG)
2. go in to you'r "Dropbox" folder.
3. go to Public "folder"
4. find the file you saved and right click it.
5. go to dropbox in that window that's opened and click on public.
6. Right click and past where you want it on internet. and tag it with the [ img ]

or if you do it directly to the website:

1. go to dropbox.com and log in.
2. click on public.
3. click on the upload button, you can si it at the top looking like a paper with an blue arrow.
4. Click on chose file, and find it on you'r computer. rest will go automatically. Click done when it is finish (not always nesecery)
5. now right-click on the file you uploaded (It will be down in the list bellow the upload button)
6. click on "copy public link"
7. now you can past it where you want it on the web.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: December 10th, 2012, 11:55 am
These front/rear views of P-15 launchers made by BoxOfRoundRocks are indeed very nice.
By the way I did myself new P-15 launchers when drawing Pr.183R, Pr.205 and Pr.205U.

[ img ]

Also, P-15 missile itself has been already redrawn by Gollevainen, only that Russian Parts Sheet still hasn't been updated.
New P-15 can be found (among others) already in use in Gollevainen's thread "Rocket Cutter Redux" and my threads "Small Coastal Combattants of the Polish Navy and Coast Guard" and "Some small Soviet coastal combattants".

And on a different note. In one other thread there was a request for SB-scale civilian cars and buses.
I made an experimental (not-totally SB-kosher, I'm afraid) drawing and posted it already there, but am adding it here as well so it would be easier to find if anyone needed it.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: December 10th, 2012, 11:58 am
How do you do it (turn out so many high quality small drawings)?

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: December 10th, 2012, 12:37 pm
If he's anything like me I find it easier to do the small detailed stuff than actual ships and the like. Nice work on the T810 btw :D So many details.

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: December 10th, 2012, 4:13 pm
Yea yea... I'm having high hopes for Christmass holidays to get the part sheet done.
anways, here is a snippet of it containing the Termit:

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: December 10th, 2012, 5:44 pm
TimothyC wrote:
How do you do it (turn out so many high quality small drawings)?
Honestly, I don't know. It just works. :oops:
And if You say it's "high quality", then all I can say is that it's very nice to hear that.

Gollevainen - I'm sorry to say this, but I draw "my" launchers using both plans and photographs, and I'm certain of the shape of the "ribs" on their sides (on Osa-1 they are "along the same line" as the line of the roof, along the whole length of the box, while on Osa-2 they are at the right angle to it and to the back side of the launcher) and their general geometry.
(although one "mistake" I indeed made is that on Osa-2 launchers supporting elements aren't totally vertical, but are indeed at slight angle)

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: December 10th, 2012, 6:03 pm
say again what ribs?

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 28 of 35  [ 347 posts ]  Return to “Official Parts Sheets” | Go to page « 126 27 28 29 3035 »

Jump to: