Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 35  [ 347 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 535 »
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: December 14th, 2010, 9:16 pm
ok. what do you think of the standard I have made for all gun parts?

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: December 15th, 2010, 9:21 am
I think its too exsessive. Painting all gun in same color shceme would be good, but we need to keep the sheets as small as possible, so we cannot actually waste the space much above the turrets themselves. Deck peneration of some guns migth be impossible to determ, as well as IMO its not that usefull stat after all considering the shipbucket.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: December 15th, 2010, 9:30 am
but it would help a lot to show the deck pen. maybe there is an better way of showing it, but we will never get guns placed on the wrong positions again. and about the fact sometimes it can't be found: for that case I have added the single line beneath the guns with no deck penetration, so it is clear which have none and which have an unknown deck penetration.

I made a start with it already, I like comments about the removal or addition of the red lines (to see which guns have to be redrawn and which not) and if parts are missing (currently I have only done the oto melara, thales and US stuff.)
[ img ]

also comment on the style how I have done it until now: if there are better ideas how to show deck penetration without taking so much space or something, I'd like to hear them :D

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: December 15th, 2010, 10:02 am
Quote:
maybe there is an better way of showing it, but we will never get guns placed on the wrong positions again
I have never felt Shipbucket itself should have educational responsibility to teach the kids some of the very basics of ship-engineering. I don't want to give them free pass, I want them to suffer with foreing language manuals and boring historic journals as much as I have :mrgreen: If someone doesen't know that a turreted gun usually takes deck-penetration, I think he should not be drawing warships on serious level.

The sheet you have there, is Allready oversized. As much as You could, try to keep it on the same size as the orginal ones.
Here is a not completed destroyer mainweapon sheet...I think we should try to keep this size as much as possible.
[ img ]

The sheet isen't completed yet. Mainly the lack of French guns (or ships carrying them) is a disgrace to us, and few of the older USN 5 inch mounts I couldn't locate, perhaps a little help from my friends? :| Also, missing are the Japanese 120mm mounts. Feel free to comment if I've made any errors or something.

I also felt that as these are to be used mainly with copy/paste purposes, why not make them as copy/paste friendly as possible? While the USN weaponsheet (for example) looked neat with all those grey lines and such...it didn't feel as much as neat when I had to errase the stuff to fit in my sheet.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: December 15th, 2010, 2:40 pm
ok, will upload them without the deck penetration then(unless an storm of protest breaks out and we reopen that topic). and indeed, this sheet is way to big, I will all sort them and line them out when I have all required parts, and then it will be half this size. I am halfway with the parts now though, only the russian and british have to be added (and maybe some small stuff then too.... but there still is some stuff that has to be drawn and so on, there is so many still missing...... it will have to be slightly larger then the old ones)
btw, could you please post your russian parts sheet, as the one I have is outdated.

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: December 15th, 2010, 3:02 pm
Here it is (main radars are in different sheet and expecially in case of the older Fire Controll, this is still obsolete)

[ img ]

Here is also some odd small AA guns I've done

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
moxica
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: December 15th, 2010, 6:23 pm
Why not also give them a version number so people know what version it is because its confusing when you read remarks "Thats not the latest bla bla bla" "Thats old there is a new one bla bla" and so on :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: December 15th, 2010, 6:32 pm
well if you mean the soviet weapon chart, that is only the seccond version that is uploaded.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: December 15th, 2010, 6:39 pm
he means the parts.... like oto melara 76 v2 or something.... but that won't be neccesary, as these drawings will show the parts as good as it gets, and hopefully most of them will never have to be replaced.

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: December 15th, 2010, 7:06 pm
Here is some French equipment

[ img ]

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 35  [ 347 posts ]  Return to “Official Parts Sheets” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 535 »

Jump to: