Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 29 of 35  [ 347 posts ]  Go to page « 127 28 29 30 3135 »
eswube
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: December 10th, 2012, 6:10 pm
[ img ]

Note, that on Osa-1 they are different for each pair of launcher boxes (front and rear).

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: December 10th, 2012, 6:51 pm
ah.... well, naturally when you have to work with 15cmx15cm square box in straigth angles, it gets down to Artistical impression how well one can reproduce angled lines and how literally one can follow them. Ive drawn mine from linedrawings that are AFAIK the most accurate one can get and my intention atleast has been to produce the rigth angle in them.

[Profile] [Quote]
MC Spoilt B'stard
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: January 30th, 2013, 8:58 pm
Are there any new/old chinese parts (or part sheets) made by someone? like C-802 launchers and all other stuff they make last years.

Also any known drawn parts of Iran?

------
Caption signing treaty with England by Johan de Witt

[Working List]
None

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: January 31st, 2013, 3:59 am
Gollevainen wrote:
ah.... well, naturally when you have to work with 15cmx15cm square box in straigth angles, it gets down to Artistical impression how well one can reproduce angled lines and how literally one can follow them.
So if I'm not mistaken you're basically saying that this:

[ img ]

is physically impossible in MSPaint.

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: January 31st, 2013, 12:55 pm
no, Im saying when you go out from the "convidient" angles (45, 90, 180), pixel art becomes tricky when reproducing something that is well under the 15cmx15cm size that the scale allows. then you need to follow the lines in the tracing phase by your best judgement and distort the lines by the looks, not by what would be mathemathically most accurate. SB is (and I always say this) art of exaggeration, and it comes to play when you play with the little details outside the scale.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: January 31st, 2013, 3:49 pm
Gollevainen wrote:
no, Im saying when you go out from the "convidient" angles (45, 90, 180), pixel art becomes tricky when reproducing something that is well under the 15cmx15cm size that the scale allows. then you need to follow the lines in the tracing phase by your best judgement and distort the lines by the looks, not by what would be mathemathically most accurate. SB is (and I always say this) art of exaggeration, and it comes to play when you play with the little details outside the scale.
Full agreement.

What seems easy and obvious at large scale doesn't always translate well at SB scale.

[Profile] [Quote]
Gator_Country
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: February 1st, 2013, 8:01 pm
Trigonometry helps alot, at least for me. Sine, Cosine, the works. However, rounding to the nearest 6" does cause some problems.

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: March 28th, 2013, 2:52 am
Gollevainen wrote:
ill try to make the sheet as quick as possible dont worry ;)
Any update on when we are going to get this?

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: March 28th, 2013, 4:16 pm
Remind me again what sheet I am talking about? If its the Soviet/Russian weapon sheet, then not sooner before my current AU project is done. There are possibilities and almost certanities that I will redrawn something anew during it. In meantime, I can give selective stuff if someone spesifically asks for some item.

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: March 29th, 2013, 6:46 pm
Ok, well, I've moved the old parts sheets into a folder labeled "Old Parts sheets". I'm in the process of populating out the regular folder with updated sheets.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 29 of 35  [ 347 posts ]  Return to “Official Parts Sheets” | Go to page « 127 28 29 30 3135 »

Jump to: