Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 5 of 35  [ 347 posts ]  Go to page « 13 4 5 6 735 »
Hood
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: December 19th, 2010, 3:45 pm
Personally I find national sheets easier to use and find stuff than megalists. If I want a particular British gun or an American missile I don't neccessarily want to trawl through 800 guns just to find what I want. I doubt if we've even half of the possible marks of guns, differing shields and mounts etc. Smaller states of course wouldn't justify a national sheet but certainly the Superpowers do just for the size they can be alone.

The other benefit of national sheets, and what I loved in partciular about Erik_T's excellent US sheet was that the directors can be shown too. Nothing winds me up worse than some joker who puts random radars all over the place. That's a bigger problem than hull penetration given the increasing types of FC radars since the 50s.

I think the idea of deck penetration is useful but really without 100% exact data its pretty meaningless and folks should be working out for themselves what can be done. I can see Eriks arguements but the crazy kitbash brigade still won't take much notice and we'll forever be dogged by pixel issues as members fight over whose counting is the most accurate.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
BrockPaine
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: December 19th, 2010, 4:37 pm
Hood wrote:
Personally I find national sheets easier to use and find stuff than megalists.
Dittoed.

---------

I drew the French 100mm Modèle 53 deck gun for my FS Suffren. It's a bit plain-Jane - but I've not seen it mentioned here yet, so here goes:

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: December 19th, 2010, 4:42 pm
being a lazy bustard I haven't contributed much to the parts sheets; but I have great respect and grattitude to those who work on them. Overall, I would find it better to have 'parts' by nation when dealing with such as the USA, Russia, GB and other larger navies.

:)

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: December 19th, 2010, 4:49 pm
but to me, the current sheets for those nations look way too small. look at the dutch parts sheet I am working on, it is 3 times as big as those and it isn't even complete! the dutch produce quite a lot of stuff for the navy, but I would think the US navy would have one 20 times as large.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: December 19th, 2010, 7:20 pm
[ img ]
I think I have found all guns. colours still have to be fixed. if somebody says I missed some, or some are on this sheet wrongly, please tell me. and everybody: please comment on all I do wrong with the stuff I don't have that much knowledge of....
EDIT: just found out france has is own arms industries -.- still work to do .....

[Profile] [Quote]
BrockPaine
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: December 20th, 2010, 10:20 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
but to me, the current sheets for those nations look way too small.
Then if it were me, I'd combine two small nations on a single sheet.

[Profile] [Quote]
Mitchell van Os
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: December 21st, 2010, 12:26 am
You dont got them all.
You miss a lot of guns on that sheet for post ww2.
Also the more stealthy 4.5'' british gun.

Embarked on: HNLMS Karel Doorman A833
To do list:
-Zeven Provincien class cruiser
-Joint support ship all sides
-F124 Sachsen class frigate
-F125 Baden-Württemberg class frigate
-Clemencau class aircraft carrier
-Zeven provincien class frigate
-Poolster class AOR
-Amsterdam class AOR
-Minas Gerais aircraft carrier

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: December 21st, 2010, 8:40 am
MitcheLL300 wrote:
You dont got them all.
You miss a lot of guns on that sheet for post ww2.
Also the more stealthy 4.5'' british gun.
well, show me which one I miss then! Bloody hell ! make comments like that without doing work on this yourself -.-
the 4.5'' is on here, although it is listed as an 115mm...... need to change that to MK8 mod 1.

Last edited by acelanceloet on December 21st, 2010, 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: December 21st, 2010, 8:48 am
BrockPaine wrote:
acelanceloet wrote:
but to me, the current sheets for those nations look way too small.
Then if it were me, I'd combine two small nations on a single sheet.
no that was not my point..... a small nation (like the netherlands) has an huge sheet, while the US navy and the RN have small ones...... I would think that those were 5 times the size of the dutch one.

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: December 21st, 2010, 8:49 am
I have a bullet with your name on it. Hmm

Pleace these are WIPs you don't give the change.

[Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 5 of 35  [ 347 posts ]  Return to “Official Parts Sheets” | Go to page « 13 4 5 6 735 »

Jump to: