Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 24 of 47  [ 469 posts ]  Go to page « 122 23 24 25 2647 »
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: June 21st, 2013, 5:20 pm
I drew this for HMAS Swan and HMAS Yarra; but what the hell: how many angels can dance on the head of a pin? ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: June 21st, 2013, 5:22 pm
Portsmouth Bill wrote:
I drew this for HMAS Swan and HMAS Yarra; but what the hell: how many angels can dance on the head of a pin? ;)
drew what? seems the image is missing xD

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: June 21st, 2013, 5:23 pm
Well look on the archive, it is freely available.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: June 21st, 2013, 5:28 pm
just doing that now...... I assume you mean the ikara launcher? I assumed these were the old ones due to the fact that IIRC these were drawn before my time on the bucket, with drawings with a lot outdated looking parts on it....... so I did not bother to check it :S it might as well be correct. it is a lot smaller then mine though.... :S
well, I leave it up to you guys which one's better.

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: June 21st, 2013, 5:40 pm
If you've got a better version, that's spot on in scale, then no problem. My only concern was that we seem to be spending a lot of time on the forum working over various parts: the tail does not wag the dog (unless you're Dustin Hoffman).

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: June 22nd, 2013, 11:06 am
I hadn't realised PB had redrawn it, I probably had at the time!! I like the way the missile is one the launcher. There is lot of pixel-colouration with most of it being purple etc. so it needs some work. Maybe if Ace can determine the proper scale etc. a hybrid could be drawn using the best elements of both as we've done before for other parts. As I say must RN ships hide the launcher so its not a mega-need but we want to get it right if the size is way out.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: June 22nd, 2013, 11:20 am
yeah, I will look into it. I really wonder on the size now, as PB's is so much smaller :S hood, that leaflet on the type 12 refit, would the launcher be on that? I cannot think on any better reference then that, myself..... as I have no construction plans to scale it from, that might be the best chance.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: June 24th, 2013, 12:58 pm
No, the launcher is not in the drawing but it shows the magazine layout nicely!

[ img ]

Super-Darings

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: June 30th, 2013, 2:58 pm
I've just redrawn the single 2pdr pom-pom Mk I/II since the current one is two times too big. A quick question though, the only colour photos I've found show a brass water jacket around the barrel. Do any of you guys know if this was on common on all guns or just certain one (perhaps pre-war or early war)? I can't tell from B&W photos and the likelihood of using brass at the height of the war seems unlikely.

Super-Darings

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: July 2nd, 2013, 12:17 pm
..... and then I found out, with the type 82 reference, that my new Ikara was too big and PB's was too small...... I might update this post with an new drawing later today, including the magazine of course (if it is done, it is best done good)
EDIT: first one, more to come after a bit of research, but all australian fits should have the same handling room but an different magazine possible...... and then I start further research on the RN Ikara layout (any help is welcome)
[ img ]
EDIT 2: the perth seems to have had an shorter, but wider arrangement. I suspect an handling room for each launcher and an magazine in between, as the funnel crosses exactly the space that would otherwise have been magazine.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 24 of 47  [ 469 posts ]  Return to “Official Parts Sheets” | Go to page « 122 23 24 25 2647 »

Jump to: