Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 39 of 47  [ 469 posts ]  Go to page « 137 38 39 40 4147 »
Hood
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: October 4th, 2015, 10:23 am
Here is the aborted 40mm L/70 twin mount planned for the RN, but later abandoned in favour of Sea Cat.

[ img ]

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: October 4th, 2015, 10:36 am
very nice Hood!
speaking of 40mm, I have recently redrawn the Hazemeijer, as fitted on the dutch ships prewar. these used an dutch radar, which looked like this http://www.netherlandsnavy.nl/Guns/Sweers_bofors40.jpg (I have seen it referred to as 'type 289 "of Dutch origin"'
if you are going to update the above mounting on the partsheet, it might be an good idea to check how close the type 289 and the type 282 radar looked (or in other words, if the antenna needs modifications on my dutch navy variant) and then add it to the RN sheets as well?
the dutch version (listed as Bofors 40mm L/60 No. 4 ) can be found here: http://www.shipbucket.com/forums/viewto ... =23&t=1307

[Profile] [Quote]
rifleman2
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: January 7th, 2016, 12:39 pm
is the gam bo1 correct to scale?

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: January 7th, 2016, 1:24 pm
No idea, its origins are from the earliest days of Shipbucket and I've not redrawn it since. To me it looks too big.
If anyone has good sources and wants to redo it, then please do.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: January 7th, 2016, 2:40 pm
viewtopic.php?p=26186#p26186 this one I drew some time ago, it is lacking the sights and some details, but it might be closer in size (needs a check though)

[Profile] [Quote]
rifleman2
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: February 14th, 2016, 7:11 pm
is the DS30 mount in scale?

Is there one going on the RN weapons sheet and will a DS30M be on it to?

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: February 14th, 2016, 7:41 pm
I did the Seahawk family recently for the Tol Galen AU.

The Seahawk-L with optional local control isn't with them but the unmanned ones are.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: February 14th, 2016, 9:40 pm
Certainly attractive, but I can't shake the feeling it's over-scale. What's your size reference? I would be happy to be proven wrong.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: February 14th, 2016, 9:51 pm
There isn't much to go on that I've been able to find other than scaling from the known dimensions of the Bushmaster and that of the operators in MSI photos

For example.
[ img ]
[ img ]

If they are out of scale by that much and someone has dimensions for them I'd happily redraw them to scale if and when possible.

~Mark.

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: February 15th, 2016, 3:48 am
That was all I had to go on, too. Looks to me like the LW should probably not be any taller than maybe seven pixels. Of course, we have lots of part elements that are oversized to show detail.

Artist's choice, I suppose.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 39 of 47  [ 469 posts ]  Return to “Official Parts Sheets” | Go to page « 137 38 39 40 4147 »

Jump to: