Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 3  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 »
Greenwood
Post subject: Air FrancePosted: May 25th, 2024, 8:14 pm
Hello,

The object of this topic is to illustrate every single aircraft's history of Air France.
Let's start with the company's cureent fleet to date : 26 Airbus A220, 12 A318, 11 A319, 74 A320, 15 A330, 35 A350, 71 Boeing 777, 10 Boeing 787, 13 Embraer ERJ-170 and 21 ERJ-190. I also illutrates the airccraft withdrawn from use.
I hope those drawings do not stray too far from the rules, but I can say I had a lot of fun drawing them.

More to come...

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Air FrancePosted: May 25th, 2024, 8:31 pm
I think most of these aircraft's can be condensed into 1 aircraft's. Posting every aircraft's where the only difference is the number on it's tail is unnecessary. It's enough to post one aircraft of each type.

So for example for Airbus A220-300, it is enough with posting 1 aircraft's not every single one that is flown by Air France. The only time you post multiple version of an aircraft is it there is something unique visually. But there aren't they are all the same.

This I classify as spam, specially since it all can be condensed to about 5% that is shown here.

What you could do is for example for the A220-300, you could post one drawing and than have on the right side, written all the aircraft ID this aircraft represent.

One drawing to represent them all.

[Profile] [Quote]
Ukraineball
Post subject: Re: Air FrancePosted: May 26th, 2024, 2:11 pm
:shock: Holy mother, that's a lot!

Last edited by Ukraineball on May 26th, 2024, 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Robert MacReady
Post subject: Re: Air FrancePosted: May 26th, 2024, 3:09 pm
Great mother of Scott! Somebody's hardcore with Air France. Would love to see other planes in their fleet history.

[Profile] [Quote]
Sp3ctra_star
Post subject: Re: Air FrancePosted: May 26th, 2024, 3:29 pm
Holy Aircraft! This is crazy! I personally love it. I wonder how Eswube will react when he sees this.

3. Jovian Imperial Navy Ship development.

[Profile] [Quote]
Ukraineball
Post subject: Re: Air FrancePosted: May 26th, 2024, 3:30 pm
heuhen wrote: *
I think most of these aircraft's can be condensed into 1 aircraft's. Posting every aircraft's where the only difference is the number on it's tail is unnecessary. It's enough to post one aircraft of each type.

So for example for Airbus A220-300, it is enough with posting 1 aircraft's not every single one that is flown by Air France. The only time you post multiple version of an aircraft is it there is something unique visually. But there aren't they are all the same.

This I classify as spam, specially since it all can be condensed to about 5% that is shown here.

What you could do is for example for the A220-300, you could post one drawing and than have on the right side, written all the aircraft ID this aircraft represent.

There's also use of gradient on some planes (namely Wind Jet A319s).

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Air FrancePosted: May 26th, 2024, 8:58 pm
Ukraineball wrote: *
heuhen wrote: *

There's also use of gradient on some planes (namely Wind Jet A319s).
not enough to warant posting multiple drawing of same aircraft, just due to they have a id difference

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Air FrancePosted: May 26th, 2024, 9:49 pm
1) Why on earth would you draw so many aircraft differing with only registration number (and perhaps with barely legible individual name on nose)?
2) If there actually IS a gradient anywhere there... it's a no-go upload-wise.
3) Actually there IS a limit on the size of the file that could be uploaded to the Archive. I don't remember how much exactly it is (I had this issue only once, with TO&Es) but it's somewhere between 1 and 3 MB's. :P
4) What HeuHen wrote x2.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Air FrancePosted: May 27th, 2024, 7:57 am
Slightly crazy perhaps but an interesting project.

I think if you had kept it to just showing interesting examples of the different colour schemes for each aircraft type it would have been sufficient rather than doing each individual aircraft.

I can appreciate the time and effort you must have put into this though.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Greenwood
Post subject: Re: Air FrancePosted: May 27th, 2024, 11:36 am
Thanks for the comments, I take no offense to them. This is a personnal project which I felt could be intersting to share at this point. It takes advantage of the ese of the fdscale rules to draw and to visualize an entire fleet.

I read two comments about gradients. Please check precisely, they were "hande-made", gradually changing the color (and the shadings and highlights accordingly) along an axis.

Last edited by Greenwood on May 27th, 2024, 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 3  [ 23 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page 1 2 3 »

Jump to: