Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ] 
Greenwood
Post subject: MiG-17, Shenyang J-5/F-5, Chengdu JJ-5/FT-5, Lim-5/6Posted: November 8th, 2022, 1:56 pm
Hello, this is the Mig-17 and its derivatives from China and Poland. More than 10,000 were built but the documentation (books and internet) is quite sparse, and does not always seem reliable. So i did include some hypothetical schemes (sometimes only code numbers, sometimes the whole plane, but always on a plausible way). This work is probably incomplete, so feel free to contribute if you have some reliable sources.

[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

Last edited by Greenwood on November 9th, 2022, 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: MiG-17, Shenyang J-5/F-5, Chengdu JJ-5/FT-5, Lim-5/6Posted: November 8th, 2022, 9:17 pm
Very impressive!
But I'd say that parachute cone on LiM-6's is bit too massive, and...
-not "Polskie Wojsko Lotnicze", but "Wojska Lotnicze" (plural form, without word describing a country),
-and to make things more complicated, between 1954 and 1962 it was Wojska Lotnicze i Obrony Przeciwlotniczej Obszaru Kraju (WLiOPOK, Forces of Aviation and Anti-Aircraft Defence of the National Area), then it was split into Główny Inspektorat Lotnictwa (GIL, Main Inspectorate of Aviation - general oversight over aviation matters and direct control over training), Dowództwo Lotnictwa Operacyjnego (DLO, Operational Aviation Command - frontal aviation) and Dowództwo Wojsk Obrony Powietrznej Kraju (DWOPK, National Air Defence Forces Command) until 1968, when GIL was abolished, DLO became Wojska Lotnicze and DWOPK become WOPK - Wojska Obrony Powietrznej Kraju. That remained until 1990 when WL i WOPK were merged into Wojska Lotnicze i Obrony Powietrznej (WLiOP) - and these became Siły Powietrzne Rzeczypospolitej Polskiej (Air Forces of the Republic of Poland) in 2002. ;)
Fighter (and aviation in general) units that were part of DWOPK/WOPK had therefore extra particle in their name - what was Pułk Lotnictwa Myśliwskiego (PLM) in frontal aviation, in air defence was Pułk Lotnictwa Myśliwskiego Obrony Przeciwlotniczej (PLM OPl) until 1962 and then until 1990 Pułk Lotnictwa Myśliwskiego Obrony Powietrznej Kraju (PLM OPK);
-Bemowo air base was actually Babice air base - Bemowo is neighbourhood of Warsaw, of which part the airfield has eventually become and commonly the airfield is called after the neighbourghood, but in formal sense its Babice, named after village in it was originally located;
-Pruszcz Gdański air base (Pruszczu Gdańskim is locative case);
-in caption for Lim-6M no. 418 "Polskie Wojsko Lotnicze" was repeated twice, and it's Świdwin not Swidwin;
-17 Eskada Lotnicza Dowództwa Wojsk Lotniczych (Eskadrę Lotniczą is genitive case);
-better translation for Lotniczy Pułk Szkolno-Bojowy would be Combat Training (Aviation) Regiment;
-since 1988 45 Pułk from Babimost was Lotniczy Pułk Szkolno-Bojowy (until it was disbanded in 1992). ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
darthpanda
Post subject: Re: MiG-17, Shenyang J-5/F-5, Chengdu JJ-5/FT-5, Lim-5/6Posted: November 9th, 2022, 1:30 pm
Bravo! great drawings!

- RHKAAF / HKGFS - 皇家香港輔助空軍 / 政府飛行服務隊
- Gunbucket - LINK

天滅中共全黨死清光!

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: MiG-17, Shenyang J-5/F-5, Chengdu JJ-5/FT-5, Lim-5/6Posted: November 9th, 2022, 1:41 pm
A very impressive series!
Nicely drawn and impressive research on all these colour schemes too.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Greenwood
Post subject: Re: MiG-17, Shenyang J-5/F-5, Chengdu JJ-5/FT-5, Lim-5/6Posted: November 9th, 2022, 1:59 pm
eswube wrote: *
Very impressive!
But I'd say that parachute cone on LiM-6's is bit too massive, and...
-not "Polskie Wojsko Lotnicze", but "Wojska Lotnicze" (plural form, without word describing a country),
-and to make things more complicated, between 1954 and 1962 it was Wojska Lotnicze i Obrony Przeciwlotniczej Obszaru Kraju (WLiOPOK, Forces of Aviation and Anti-Aircraft Defence of the National Area), then it was split into Główny Inspektorat Lotnictwa (GIL, Main Inspectorate of Aviation - general oversight over aviation matters and direct control over training), Dowództwo Lotnictwa Operacyjnego (DLO, Operational Aviation Command - frontal aviation) and Dowództwo Wojsk Obrony Powietrznej Kraju (DWOPK, National Air Defence Forces Command) until 1968, when GIL was abolished, DLO became Wojska Lotnicze and DWOPK become WOPK - Wojska Obrony Powietrznej Kraju. That remained until 1990 when WL i WOPK were merged into Wojska Lotnicze i Obrony Powietrznej (WLiOP) - and these became Siły Powietrzne Rzeczypospolitej Polskiej (Air Forces of the Republic of Poland) in 2002. ;)
Fighter (and aviation in general) units that were part of DWOPK/WOPK had therefore extra particle in their name - what was Pułk Lotnictwa Myśliwskiego (PLM) in frontal aviation, in air defence was Pułk Lotnictwa Myśliwskiego Obrony Przeciwlotniczej (PLM OPl) until 1962 and then until 1990 Pułk Lotnictwa Myśliwskiego Obrony Powietrznej Kraju (PLM OPK);
-Bemowo air base was actually Babice air base - Bemowo is neighbourhood of Warsaw, of which part the airfield has eventually become and commonly the airfield is called after the neighbourghood, but in formal sense its Babice, named after village in it was originally located;
-Pruszcz Gdański air base (Pruszczu Gdańskim is locative case);
-in caption for Lim-6M no. 418 "Polskie Wojsko Lotnicze" was repeated twice, and it's Świdwin not Swidwin;
-17 Eskada Lotnicza Dowództwa Wojsk Lotniczych (Eskadrę Lotniczą is genitive case);
-better translation for Lotniczy Pułk Szkolno-Bojowy would be Combat Training (Aviation) Regiment;
-since 1988 45 Pułk from Babimost was Lotniczy Pułk Szkolno-Bojowy (until it was disbanded in 1992). ;)
Edited!

Thanks for the remarks about precise polish air force phraseology. :lol: I admit I had to double concentrate to modifiy my file. I hope it's more precise now!
About the parachute cone on the Lim-6. IRL it IS massive! But I checked again the various blueprints (which are very variable about lots of details... and even about general shape) and photographs and I think you are right, it was a bit too massive (and too long too). Of course, the new width of the new cone is an even number so the shape is less 'pointy" but at a 100% zoom I guess it's OK. What do you think?

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: MiG-17, Shenyang J-5/F-5, Chengdu JJ-5/FT-5, Lim-5/6Posted: November 9th, 2022, 9:50 pm
I have a feeling that parachute cone would work even with 1 pixel less of thickness, but leave it as it is. Definitely it's much better than before. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings”

Jump to: