Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ] 
Kangaeru Kitsune
Post subject: [SOLVED] Unknown Italian Tank ProjectPosted: December 26th, 2022, 1:59 pm
One day, I was searching for some evidence on the existence of the cold war era Italian tank destroyers featured in World of Tanks, as I suspect these tanks are likely fabricated (where is the evidence? Plus, the designs, with limited turret rotation and unique doctrine, look infeasible in the cold war era, save for the British Excalibur tank project that got cancelled). However, I came across a Russian language website that has a photo of what appears to be a mockup of a tank that resembles one of the cold war era Italian tank destroyers. Said mockup has a large turret placed in the very front with no room for the driver, which had to be relocated inside the turret. The hatches are either 1 or 2. the engine compartment at the back has a rectangular grille at the end back and 2 circular fan grilles at the top. Unfortunately, I have lost the way to both the website and the picture needed to I can analyze and eventually prove whether the cold war era Italian tank destroyers were real or not, but I have saved the image in my fuzzy imagination, and this is what I drew, using the remaining memories about this mockup. Please excuse the disproportionate measurements in comparison to a human being, as I drew it as best as I could.
[ img ]
Can somebody recover the pictures or the website, I kind of want to revisit these things again. I would really appreciate if you can help me with this. Thank you.

UPDATE: I Have found the website; it’s right here: https://i.postimg.cc/brWTRJhr/Unknown-I ... roject.png.

According to the website:
“Historically, the Semovente Controcarro series of anti-tank self-propelled guns belongs to the post-war developments of Italy and Germany. The project was created on the basis of programs for the creation of MBT - Standardpanzer and Kampfpanzer.”

The mock-up and sketches in question appear to be a British-German project to create a main battle tank and was called “FRG Concept No.2”, “FMBT 80”, and “KPz 3”. The turret, equipped with an 120mm smoothbore gun, could traverse 45 degrees to the left and right (correct me if I am wrong) and was angled very slightly. There appears to be no Italian involvement in the project, effectively proving that the “Controcarro mod.64 Vipera” was, in fact, a fabrication created for the game. As for the other cold-war Italian tank destroyers, I can say none of them really existed, even in blueprints.

Last edited by Kangaeru Kitsune on December 29th, 2022, 11:42 am, edited 10 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Unknown Italian Tank ProjectPosted: December 26th, 2022, 2:40 pm
for people to help you with finding those things on that Russian website, a link to that website would be helpful or close to where you was.

[Profile] [Quote]
Kangaeru Kitsune
Post subject: Re: Unknown Italian Tank ProjectPosted: December 27th, 2022, 12:05 am
heuhen wrote: *
for people to help you with finding those things on that Russian website, a link to that website would be helpful or close to where you was.
The problem is that I don’t know even the name, and I forgot to save the link. All I remember was that the background of the website was black.

Update: Found it! https://wot-planet.com/news_and_article ... i-wot.html

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings”

Jump to: